Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

got stopped by the state patrol today

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by leadfoot067, Oct 23, 2003.

1. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

he pulled me over for not having any mudflaps....but didnt ticket me told me i had a couple weeks to get some and if he saw me without them he would write me up for it /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif....guess i hafta make some removable ones now.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

can you just up your GVW??? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

3. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

To what? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

4. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

in wa state you can add GVWR to your rig through the DMV. its like $5.00 or so. I need to go do it asap too. I keep getting "the look" from the local Po-po

5. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

but when you add weight than my tabs would cost more wouldnt they?? my rear bumper is so high that way more than half of my tire height is showing... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif and so i need mudflaps...he says /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

6. cornfed

cornfed 1/2 ton status

I had to go to state patrol with my 72 suburban and have it weighed and gvw changed - yes the plates are more to renew

7. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

yeah the mud falp thing kinda sucks. At least you guys dont drive a mini truck, i get pulled over even though i have mud flaps... /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

8. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

I just had to do that to mine too, was getting the evil eye from the State Patrol also. I went to a semi parts place (Freightliner) and bought the mudflap hanger kit, $20, and then bought some small diamond plate print flaps from Napa for $20. Took about an hour and now I got removable mudflaps, be careful because the bar they use to mount them too is a bear to cut through.

9. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I had that happen last week. Then he decided to spend another 1/2 hour with a tape measure. The way he put it, he could have impounded my truck on the spot, but all he wanted to do was make me get mud flaps. I think he wouldn't have even given me a second thought except that it was rainy and I was right next to him for a few miles. I knew he was going to pull me over because he kept looking over at my /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif and getting an /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif face. The way we were positioned, my exhaust pipe was pretty much right in the middle of his passenger side front window. I wasn't getting on it or anything, but my exhaust isn't exactly quiet. I think it just kinda pissed him off @ 5:30 a.m. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I was nice and respectful, but he was kinda pissy with me. He checked all my lights, bumper heights, tire tread depth, exhaust, and a bunch of other crap. Oh well, at least it wasn't a boring day!

10. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Even if you change the GVWR won't they still pull you over? What will this do, keep you from getting a ticket?

I don't think that the mud flaps law is unreasonable, not like we are the only ones on the road. Removeable mud flaps seem like the way to go, might have to do that myself /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif