Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got stuck in a bronco yesterday, what a crappy day. *PICS*

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by y5mgisi, Feb 1, 2005.

1. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

Man that sucked. Where do i start.Ok how bout this my mom said that i should wash her trck for her and i told her that i would if i could take down to the mudin spot first. She reluctantly said that i could. So i grabed my buddy ick and we headed out. We were just doin some easy little mud holes and we were doing everything with ease. Now my MOMs truck is a 90 ford bronco with the 302 6" lift and 36X12.50 super swaper radials that are brand new. So the easy holes were getting boring so we thought wed try somthing more chalanging....:blush: it was the only hole we hadent been through yet so i hit it fast and floored and we just stoped about half way through. I tryed to back up and nothing i new we were stuck. So we opend the doors to get out and asses the situation and the water was about an inch below the botom of the doors. and wwas touching the botom of both bummpers. This was about 4:30.
    There was another guy there with us in a 02 silvarado 1500 pickup with 6" lift and 35" bfg muds. and all we could do with him was break tow straps. So after awhile another guy shoued up with a jeep that had a ramsey 8000 pound winch so we hooked the winch to the bronco andhooked the jeep to the pickup and it just sucked them both into the bronco without budging it. So after several more tries and several more broken tow straps. I gave Shannon (mudhog) a call He lives near by and for those who dont know has a 75ish blazer on 1tons and rollin on 39.5 irocks with a 15000 pound warn winch and a new 350 I figured we'd just hook up the winch and hed yank me out and be done with it.ooohhh no He hooked up and it just pulledhim to the bronco. So we hooked up as much strap as we could and had it tripple linedto his reviever and had him try just backin up and then him goin forward to get a jerk on it. Well we broke the straps again.
    So now i was gittin pretty woried that i was going to have to call mom and teller why she wsant going to be able to take her truck to work in the morning. So Shannon calls up jeff(muddytazz) Who was up in vancuver at the julianos get together to see if he could come help. So he comes down with his suburban that also was a winc on it.So we hook up both shannon and Jeffs winches to the bronco and it still dosnt budge. it just sucks them towrds it. Oh and i forgot to mention that we drowned te starter and that stupid ford wouldent turn over:mad: wich would have made things go 100 times more easy.
    The only optin was to do the only thing that had been working wich was hooking the trucks bumper to bumper, geting slack on the strap, then taking a runn for it. Only thing we had to use hough was cable and chain. not good but like i said at that pint it was the only option, So sence I didnt want anyone else to risk getting there trucks messed up if a cable were to break we used my burb(90 mostly stock) So we laid out probly 50 ft of cable and hooked one end to the bronco and one to the burb. I backed up a good 20 ft then put it in drive and 4lo and floored it. I had to do it about 4 times before the truck was finally out. It was comletely nerve wrcking though just hopping somthing didnt break on the bronco cause i was hitting so dam hard. (bronos have 0 recovery points from the factory and moms dosnt have a receiver hitch.)
    I had never been more proud of my burb for puttin up with what i was doin to it then when i as pullin the stupid bronco out.:grin: So once we finally got it out of the water at about10:00 , a few taps on the starter with a hammer had it running again. we drove home and i washed the truck and mom drove it to work the next morning.
    Sorry for the super long post but it was a pretty good story i thought. And a HUGE HUGE thanks goes out to Shannon and the jeff and their families for comming out and doing thier best to get me out of my situation and for the smokes and the pepsi and to everyone else that helped me out the cold, mudy, misarable night. I cant seam to get my pics small enough but i just email some to jeff mabey he can get it working?

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

ok **** reading that, where are the pics?

3. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

PICS!!! Where are the pics!?!?

4. mr_blasto

mr_blasto 1/2 ton status

I don't know what's worse, how bad you were stuck, or knowing that I will never get the 5 minutes it took me to read that back :dunno:. I believe it was shakespeare who said, "brevity is the sould of wit." All good natured teasing of course :D !

5. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

I need to get a digital camera my son cannot keep his '79 bronco on 33's out of our mud pit. good story.:haha: :haha: :haha:

6. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

you forgot to mention that when i had my blazer hooked up to the bronco with my warn 15,000 i was in 4 low with my tires spining in reverse (detroits front and rear) and your burb hooked to the back of my blazer with your buddy standing on the brakes and my winch was pulling us both to the stuck bronco:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

7. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Here's the pics Mitch

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. mudhog

what only one??????????????????

9. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

What the heck was holding that thing in place? Just muck or where you hung up on something else?

10. mudhog

mud and the fact it was so high centered that all four wheels would turn freely by hand lol

11. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

My gosh that looks like fun!!! Nice stuck story!! I haven't been stuck in 3 years... I haven't been wheelin in two...

12. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

Man that sucked. My feet were so dam cold when i got home it was probly about 42 degrees or so and my feet were soking wet and i was all muddy. sucky sucky Thanks for postin pics jeff!