Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got stuck last week.....couple of pics.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MOABDADC22, Mar 2, 2003.

1. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

I was cruising the mean /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif streets of Cheyenne last week at about 4:00AM.........I was bored and tired as hell.

I turn a corner and what did I see........a three foot by 200 yard snow drift just begging to be challenged by my Crown Victoria. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Well, as you can see, the drift won the battle............. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif( I went back after work with my Tahoe and kicked the drift in the butt out of spite. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif)

After I got stuck and after about two hours of rocking it back and forth ( I actually got real good at shifting from neutral to drive without losing momentum.) I relized that I had to call a wrecker to get me out. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif Calling a wrecker is alot easier when you do not have to foot the bill. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

A buddy of mine showed up before the wrecker and pulled me out with his Expedition. But not after he took a few pics and pasted them all over the department and court house. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

P.S. Hey Carl....does the street look real familiar?? It should. It is Southfork and Division Ave.
    Pic 1

Pic 2
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. JimmyJuneau

JimmyJuneau 1/2 ton status

Nice now how did you explain this to your boss?

3. MOABDADC22

Explain what??????? There is NO WRECKER BILL ,SO IT NEVER HAPPENED!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

P.S. How come I can not get the image feature to work? It always worked before.

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

The pic has to end in jpg or gif.... those don't so it won't work...

5. MOABDADC22

Ok, I think I got it....can anyone see it besides me??

6. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Yup, they work now! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Looks like you were trying to have fun.... ha ha!

7. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Sign me up! I could so stand for some snow! Any snow........maybe I'll go visit some later

8. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Sweet... That's the best place for the drifts.. I got my dad's Lincoln stuck there a couple years ago and some nice people in a house a block away were nice enough to help me out, otherwise dad would've killed me /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Good job /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Shoulda just rang me up on the celly phone, 4 AM is about when I get up to get ready for work /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

9. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

You're welcome to come get some of the 6 inches of melted snow in my basement right now...

Hey Moabdad, aside from thier performance in the snow, what do you think of the Crown Vic? I've been looking for a Caprice, but they're getting so hard to come by I'm considering the F**d counterpart...

10. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

That is hilarious! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. MOABDADC22

If you are going to buy a Crown Vic, be sure to get one with the Police Interceptor. It has heavy duty everything (brakes, cooling system, charging system, springs, etc.) You will have to look for a surplus cop car though, because they do not sell the Interceptor to the public (new).

I like the car. It cruises pretty smooth and has enough power for what I need. They top out at 133 mph though. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Things to look for when buying an old police car.....

AOD transmission wear (We never use OD except over 110 mph)
    Slow operating drivers side power window.
    Blood, vomit, urine stains in rear seat. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif
    Ill-fitting rear door. (Caused by a$$holes trying to kick out rear window and bending rear door/window frame.)

12. highwaydevil

highwaydevil 1/2 ton status

So, if you dropped the trans. while doing neural shifts, who foots the bill? You or the tax payer? (Not to mention the tow bill you joked about not having to pay-if it occured).

13. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

awwww come on... I bet if YOU were a cop you'd take advantage of having fun on someone elses penny /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif I would at least...

14. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I think we need more cops like you /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. MOABDADC22

[ QUOTE ]
    After I got stuck and after about two hours of rocking it back and forth ( I actually got real good at shifting from neutral to drive without losing momentum.) I relized that I had to call a wrecker to get me out. Calling a wrecker is alot easier when you do not have to foot the bill.

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew someone out there would take offense to that. (I'll bet that makes you angry too, huh?)

To answer your question.......If I had negligently damaged/destroyed the car(rocking the car to get un-stuck is not negligent) , I can assure you that I would have been held responsible for the repair cost.

16. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    After I got stuck and after about two hours of rocking it back and forth ( I actually got real good at shifting from neutral to drive without losing momentum.) I relized that I had to call a wrecker to get me out. Calling a wrecker is alot easier when you do not have to foot the bill.

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew someone out there would take offense to that. (I'll bet that makes you angry too, huh?)

To answer your question.......If I had negligently damaged/destroyed the car(rocking the car to get un-stuck is not negligent) , I can assure you that I would have been held responsible for the repair cost.

[/ QUOTE ] Got to give you some sh!t on this; What about ALL the GAS you wasted ???

17. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Just got to love the citizen review boards /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Besides, I bet you were actually taking the quiet time to better your pursuit driving skills in harsh conditions. Don't see anything wrong with that. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. MOABDADC22

That's right Bubba..............I was just honing my pursuit skills. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Boy, that's a pretty disgusting thought I hadn't had; a perp's blood/vomit/spit/urine on the seats I would put my kids...

Maybe I'll stick to the "Grandpa" Caprice...

By The Way, it doesn't bother me if you burn a little gas or drop a tranny, as long as you bring in some SOB's that pose a threat to society. Too many cops are in it because crime is down and pay is up in certain areas. Thsoe cops, I don't respect. They "got no right" to wreck a car or work "overtime" to push a pen across a speeding summons...