Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got stuck, lessons learned.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by WhiteBurb, Dec 9, 2006.

1. WhiteBurb

WhiteBurb 1/2 ton status

Yesterday sucked, I got stuck in the mud. I wasn't planning on going off-road, just a little jaunt on a trail near work. Drove right into a big mud hole, the front end dropped in. Look before you leap, I guess.
    I tried to winch with the hi-lift, and it didn't work because I was using a tow strap. It stretched too much. So I guess I need a long chain.
    Then I tried to lift with the hi-lift. It clogged up with mud, and wouldn't work right anymore. Then it broke right through the 3/4" plywood I was using as a base. On the front of the truck, I couldn't really even get it into position under the bumper because brushguard was in the way.
    I finally got someone to come out and winch me out. What a mess.

And to make matters worse, I got home too late to go to a Christmas party with my wife, so I'm in pretty bad trouble.:doah:

2. SierraJim

SierraJim Registered Member

Could make for a good excuse to get a winch for Christmas? Glad you got out OK with nothing but pride broken, I didn't look before I lept, and ended up under 5 feet of water, and an unsalvagable rig.