Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

got the cb finally.

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by mr_fujisawa, Jan 19, 2004.

1. mr_fujisawa

mr_fujisawa 1/2 ton status

finally my cobra 29 ltd has arrived. (woo-hoo!) /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    so i am wondering about wiring it to have the least amount of problems (ie. noise) so i was just going to wire it in line where my radio was cause i only have a custom deluxe that the am radio doesn't work in anyway /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif. is that an ok spot for the power to come from? then i got a cheapie radio shack antenna (39.5" fiberglass whip w/ magnet base) for now until i get a better whip. just going to mount that to the roof. are all the ducks in a row or does somebody have some wisdom to offer up?
    thanks
    sean

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I usely wire the hot (Red) wire strait to the battery. And make the negitive (Black) wire as short as posible. The battery will act as a noise filter. You just have to remember to turn the CB off.

3. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Stick with the magmounts. You'l see why when you hit the trail and the antenna comes off without breaking. When I'm in heavy brush I move the antenna to the base of the bed so that it isn't continually getting kncked off the roof. That's with the top off of course. Otherwise you can just put it in the center off your hood durring the really thick stuff... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif