Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got the Jimmy runnin today!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MudbogAD, Jun 11, 2002.

1. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

The right head gasket blew last wednesday on No. 8 cylinder. Well, the next day I started terin it down to the block. Come to find out, the left head was cracked. Well, I had to replace that with a used one that I had to basically rebuild. I nurled the guides and grinded the valves and valve seats. Painted her all up and started puttin it back together. This took a week and a half of my spare time after work and school. Anyway last night we went to start it and it wouldn't fire up at all. Couldn't figure it out so I calld it quits for the night. I realized that the dist. was 180 degrees off. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif doh! Well we got everything adjusted and it runs great. I just needed to tell my eventful story to someone besides muddysub. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

2. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i was there for the whole thing, so i'm the only one who knew about it. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif