Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got the new edelbrock on and have a few questions..

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by NITRO, Jan 4, 2003.

1. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

it is running rich and loading up a little bit. so, instead of getting a fuel regualtor, can i just buy the offroad kit for it and skip on the regulator? or do i hafta buy a regulator?i will b gettin the offroad kit, just hafta wait for some more money

NITRO

2. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

More info pls... what carb (I'm assuming its a carb we are talking about) are you running now?

-Dan

3. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I hope your not talking about the Performer series carb? Cause if you are neither the off road kit and or a regulator will help. They suck for inclines or sidehilling. I tried both and when I spoke with a rep from Edelbrock all he could say was that the carb was never intended for offroad use and when I asked why they had an offroad kit he didn't say anything and ended the phone conversation. After a year of my engine choking in all the wrong places it came off and strait into the trash can.

4. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Those do run rich... That is why I bought the needle and jet set with mine.. Like I said the kit is about $90.00 but you get 6 diffrent needle sets and 6 diffrent jet sets.. They are really easy to swap.. Then just find the set that runs good with your engine..

5. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

hey gokartergo, i wished u lived closer to help me tune this thing. do u have a fuel regulator? im gonna get a regulator and the offroad kit then go from there. but i dont have the money right now to spend $90 for the jet kit. so ill get it the best i can tomorrow.or just take it to a shop and let them use the vacum gauge on it

NITRO

6. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

mine runs fine in all situations.i have the off road kit in it and it runs great.i have had it flood a couple of times but i was giving it too much gas and was in too high a gear to get moving and the engine flooded it self.i just floor it to clean out the extra fuel when starting it and it cranks right up after a couple of turns of the starter.

7. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

No I didn't put the regulator on it..I am buy no means a carb guy. It is just this one I can understand a little...LOL

8. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

i got all my problems solved, my plugs were gas fouled and after i replaced those, i adjusted the idle screws 2 turns out and it runs like a champ.

NITRO

9. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    You still need to look in the book on setting it up. There are many things to check and a chart for sellecting the right needles and seats for it. You should have checked the floats before install if you didn't. As for a fuel reg., you don't need one if your fuel pressure is at 5lbs.
    My fuel pump does 45 lbs. so I had to install a regulator but I doubt you do. Run it for a while and check the plugs.
    If you need a hand, just ask. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

10. florida4x4

florida4x4 1/2 ton status

understand it. perfect it. make it so. http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/eps_intro.html

Never got mine to work off road but that's because I didn't want to purchase the off-road kit and jet package. (wait we had this conversation already, huh /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif )