Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got the new issue of my local union rag

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Oct 23, 2002.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Besides the self inflicted oral job on themselves and how they saved the universe once again, it was time for their recommendations for the elections and surprise surprise, all democrats. Woopee!!!!! Now I know who to vote for.

2. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

hmmm
    a union recommending you, a worker, vote for someone that may be more inclined to legislate more liberal working conditions,

I can see how that would cause you grief.

you should vote for the guys that want to remove labour standards, reduce your standard of living, allow scab workers to be used to break your ability to bargain in good faith....

I think you should quit your job and go work in a non union occupation,
    maybe something nice like migrant farm worker.
    those guys dont have any union asking them to support a pro-labour candidate /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

3. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Spoken like a true Liberal.

/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Why is it that Liberals believe that the only way to get a fair shake is to bully (they call it collective bargaining) businesses into providing higher pay and benefits for everyone rather than only for those who actually deserve it?

My guess would be that Ol' Bubba (like most hard working Americans) could manage to negotiate better pay and benefits based on his own merit if the Unions didn't exist because all of the slackers would be un-employed rather than being supported by companies that are forced to pay them AND give them raises even if they are lazy $%$#@&'s.

And I don't believe for a second that the Unions are "concerned for the welfare of their members". All they want is cash, more cash, a little bit of cash and some cash to go with that.

Now, before anyone starts calling names, I do believe that there was a time in our (American) history when Labor Unions were useful in forcing some companies to change their ways. But, for the most part, those days are gone. Today, most Unions represent nothing more than a fund raising / lobbying wing of the Democratic Party who make themselves out to be the saviors of humanity when, in fact, they do more serious damage to our society by telling folks "you don't have to work hard, you only have to give us a chunk of your paycheck every week and we'll make sure you don't get fired" rather than letting folks get rewarded based on their skills and work ethic (or lack thereof).

There may still be situations where a Union is necessary, but to assume that Unions are the only way to ensure that we have safe working conditions and decent pay for our work is just silly.

At least that’s how I see it here in America. Things may be different up there in canada.

Just my $ .02

4. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

AMEN BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!

where i work at, the union only helps you if you are part of a certain "family" or ethnic group, it is basically just another form of welfare for that group, where they can walk around and talk to their friends all night and heaven forbid a supervisor tells them to get to work, right to the union office they go, plus the head in charge has even stated that her goal was to remove all the white supervisors and replace them with black supervisors, and yet nothing is done about that, imagine if the "mighty whitey" had said that, now i will be branded a racist, but that is not true, i have black friends that i work with that feel the same way i do, and believe that we should all work together to get the job done, but they are the exception and not the rule, most believe they have it made and they are right!!

as far as the unions: texas is an open shop state, i have equal access to everything the union has, and have even requested records to fight for overtime, (should have seen the look on the union steward's face when he said i couldn't have them, and i reminded him of the open shop rule and said he was in danger of a federal lawsuit!!), then they were trying to get me to join and be a steward, but no, i can fight for myself better

the biggest crybabies are usually the most union gung-ho!!

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Well m j, sit right back and I'll throw out a $25 thought why I am the way I am. First, I'll start off with my own personal experiences with a union, then I will delve into my conspiracy theory for the month.

I was a member of the Teamsters for 2 years. 25 bucks a month. My granddads had been Teamsters and loved them, but I knew the history, I was ready. First experience was getting the call, "You will be fired if we don't get your initiation dues by a certain date." Well, after I explained to the guy that I had an expensive school coming up, I didn't have the money. He told me I would still be fired. Sounds worker friendly to me.

Another experience. Guy at work got fired for "breaking company policy." Well, the fired worker was Mexican, and filed a grievance. Claimed racial discrimination. White guys in the company had pulled the same stunt, didn't get fired. Union balked. Guy took it to a court of law on his dime and one year later, was back to work with a fat back paycheck after it was proven in court that the manager that fired him did it because of race. Next example, remember, these are real incidents that I have personal knowledge of. I filed a grievance with the union. It was a good complaint, union did nothing. Contract vote came up, first vote, it was turned down. One month of renogiations, there was enough sugar in the contract for the old guys to vote for the contract and get it approved. The union rep said that was all they could do. A pay raise that didn't amount to squat. So my experiences with the Teamsters were not good.

Now onto the conspiracy section of this reading material.

A long time ago, in a country not too far away, the union came into existence. It was here to provide better pay and working conditions for the worker. Okay, not a bad thing. Well, these unions were infiltrated by members of the communist party, which in there way of taking over countries, had mind fawked the working man to think that communists were for the working man. So the unions came into existence. Then the mob found a great place to exist by controlling the unions. So far, we have criminals and criminals in the union plan running things.

Well, what do communists need to survive? A bunch of politicians that have their heads up their a**es and what better place to find these politicians than in the liberal wings of political parties. So now, the liberals are for the working man; sound familiar? I may of stumbled onto a tyranical plot of evil here folks.

So where does this take us.....Right here. The union wants better pay for the worker, they get the better pay. But what happens then, the goods that are union produced rise in cost. Not a theory mind you, but I have seen that in person. But what, Bubba Ray, you mentioned liberals. Hold on, I'm there. Then these liberals raise taxes. So here we have higher prices in goods and services that are union made, and we have higher taxes. So then it costs more for the working man to survive, so what happens? THAT'S RIGHT BOYS AND GIRLS, contract renegoations!!!!! And what happens then, better benefits and higher wages. But wait, there's more. The company has to raise the prices of the goods and services to make a profit. You see it, it's a circle and what goes around, comes around.

Now, let me move on to the political aspect of this discussion. Now, you the union members can probably see what I'm about to say. It's election time. The various organizations, lobby groups and what have you seen out their publications and somewhere, there's the list of candidates they have endorsed. Now here is where the unions come into play. When was the last time you saw, heard, read and/or knew of a union endorsing a conservative person for office? I have never, ever, ever seen that. It's a myth, legend and fable.

Now let me tie this badboy all up into a nice little bow for you. The candidates that unions endorsed are your "for the worker, for labour(shout out to m j)." But wait a minute, what are these type of people (liberals) stand for that the union is telling you to vote for besides labour? Well, let ole Bubba Ray break this down like granddaddy's shotgun. These politicians are for gun control (they don't want the working man to defend their family against the criminal elements (union bosses /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif), these politicians are for a weak military (see point 1, except against foreign entities who wish the US harm), these politicians are against private property (communism, state property), and these politicians are for higher taxes (already mentioned).

Now let me get this sent off with pleasure. We have the circle of higher wages which equal higher prices and taxes and we have the political connection...........so, it is my theory that by using the preceding evidence of the circumstantial variety to piece together a plot that even Johnny Cochran couldn't defend that the unions and liberal politicians are in cahoots with each other to take away the God given freedoms that us freedom loving people enjoy so much.

And that my fellow four wheelers is why I am not an fan of the union. Thank you and good night.

6. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    My guess would be that Ol' Bubba (like most hard working Americans) could manage to negotiate better pay and benefits based on his own merit if the Unions didn't exist because all of the slackers would be un-employed rather than being supported by companies that are forced to pay them AND give them raises even if they are lazy $%$#@&amp;'s

[/ QUOTE ]

now if Bubba could pull this feat off do you not think he would be working non-union and therefore not be getting a union publication?

now if all you American citizens are so good at negotiating your own deal why do the unions continue to exist?
    it is extremely easy to decertify from a union, all you need is enough idiots under the delusion that management will play fair after the decertification.

7. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

YEA WHAT YOU SAID. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

I hate anything that helps lazy whiney people advance.

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

What's wrong, can't come up with a retort to what I had to say?

My job just recently had an "agency shop" election, and unfortunately the vote passed, now I have to become a union member once again /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif. But in this case, I'm lucky cause the union is almost a non-entity where I'm at, unlike my other job.

I'd much rather be paid based upon my performance rather than some bullsh*t contract, I'd be making more. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

If the unions were good for people, they wouldn't be as political as they are. And if you have anything to say about that, just refer to my previous post. The union is nothing more than a racket for a bunch of bleeding hearts who wish they could of lived in the USSR or some crackpot spaghetti eaters who couldn't earn an honest living.

No, fawking screw it!!!! If you are so pro-union, JUST WHERE THE HELL DOES A FAWKING UNION GET OFF PULLING THEIR SH*T LIKE THE LONGSHOREMEN???????????????

THEY HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO FAWKING RIGHT TO PULL THAT SH*T (yes I realize management has to shoulder the blame also) THEY ARE PULLING WHEN IT'S AFFECTING ALL THE PEOPLE THEY ARE AFFECTING WITH THEIR FAWKING WHINING!!!

Everyone who's being affected ought to go up there and hold the motherfawkers at gunpoint until they decide to go back to work and iron out there differences!!!

9. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

Bubba,
    do you forget I have already heard this pile of tripe from you?

I am astounded that you were required to pay your initiation fees! how dare they? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

I was fired twice from the same American company where I was shop steward, both times I got reinstated with pay for the time missed for wrongful dismissal.

If you think you can negotiate then sign up for an active role in your union, run for shop steward or business agent or ???
    to bitch that they dont do anything for you is a cop out, step up to the plate.

If you have a complaint dont just whine about it, grow a set and actually FILE A GRIEVANCE!
    If you dont have the nuts to sign it then STFU.

a union isnt a genie in a bottle that grants your every wish and whim.
    if you do not participate, you will not reap the rewards and you are more deadwieght for those that DO.

10. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

There may still be situations where a Union is necessary, but to assume that Unions are the only way to ensure that we have safe working conditions and decent pay for our work is just silly.

At least that&amp;#8217;s how I see it here in America. Things may be different up there in canada.

[/ QUOTE ]

Working conditions in Canada are much better then in the US of A.
    I don't understand how you put up with the stuff you do down there.

In a large company union is the only answer.
    I made more money, by far, working for a small non-union company then any of the union shops that I have been employed at.

11. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

If you have a complaint dont just whine about it, grow a set and actually FILE A GRIEVANCE!
    If you dont have the nuts to sign it then STFU.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Apparently you missed the line in my previous post where I said I did have a complaint and DID FILE A GRIEVANCE!!!!!! Let me repeat that since apparently you missed it the first time and probably will miss it again since it's anti union. I DID FILE A FAWKING GRIEVANCE AND THE UNION DID WHAT??????? NOTHING!!!!!

Furthermore since you so blinded by the senseless propaganda that you are unable to read a post and just reply, why can't you come up with any reasoning why the unions always endorse the bleeding hearts? Don't you care about your freedoms, just want your job that constantly drives up the cost of living. I was hoping you would actually come out with a well thought argument against what I had to say, but I guess you know it's true. Huh? Intelligent debate or are you just gonna sling some bullsh*t????

12. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

You never say anything in your posts worth discussing?

The Shoremen had been LOCKED OUT! get your basic facts straight.

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

I am astounded that you were required to pay your initiation fees! how dare they?

[/ QUOTE ]
    AND FAWKING FURTHERMORE!!!!!!!!
    Like I said since you can't fawking READ!!!!!!!!!! I SAID THIS, I told the guy I did not have the money due to school. What I didn't say is I asked the guy for 2 weeks!!!!! 2 WEEKS!!!!!! But no, he couldn't do that. HOW'S THAT FOR LOOKING OUT FOR THE WORKING MAN?????

Where the hell in the world of common sense does it make it right to force someone who earns for a good paying to job to have to join a fawking organization and FORCED, let me say that again, FORCED to pay that organization money just to fawking work?

14. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

I don't understand how you put up with the stuff you do down there.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I do my fawking job like I'm suppose to do, and it shows!!!!!!!!!

15. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

thank God, texas is open shop, the only people that the union helps are its own; if you are white or hispanic, the union sides with management, if i was forced to pay, i might go "postal" /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

You never say anything in your posts worth discussing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, first of all, I believe you were trying to make a statement and the proper puncuation would be a period.

NOW, seems to be you suffer from a case of "supreme liberalitis" whereas the victim of this disease is unable to defend their beliefs, and think they are right. But m j, if you are so blinded by the union and their bullsh*t propaganda vote the union way, well then you are through and you don't care about anything except yourself and in this case you are being fawked. So if you are not going to take the time to read what I had to say, but yet feel the need to run your mouth in such an idiotic manner, then you might want to run over to www.sierraclub.org since you don't care about your rights.

17. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

I am quite able to defend my positions.
    You on the other hand can not stay on a topic.
    Communism? Liberalism?
    You babble about freedoms yet attack the very things that PROVIDE your freedoms.
    everyone has an excuse why that cannot pay their dues.
    simply put, you are not in the union until you pay.
    you cannot work at a union shop until you are in the union.
    yet they should change this for you.

This is what you base your anti-union bias on?
    petty, selfish, small minded

18. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Working conditions in Canada are much better then in the US of A.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I was young and dumb I worked as a machinist, which required Union membership at most shops. That was cool for me then because I actually believed that they were looking out for the little guy. After becoming shop steward I found out how the system really worked. I got tired of the threats so I did something about it.

Now I work in a completely different industry and I negotiate for myself, that's the beauty of The Land Of The Free and The Home of The Brave, we can make our own decisions and take care of ourselves.

I actually have great working conditions now: My boss is pretty cool, I enjoy what I do, I can work from home when I want and I get great bennies.

As for canada, you can have it. We are all happy that you like it up there, please stay!

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

19. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Well m j, I will stop now since you don't want to play. I figured you would have the honor to defend the union, but since that it appears that you are incapable or doing so and instead you sound like some moronic, liberal union talking head, I just wanted to let you know you have been awarded this since you fit every description on it:
    [​IMG]

20. MXmastermike

MXmastermike 1/2 ton status

it seems like someone just says "That liberal guy makes too much carrot cake!", and a liberal hating extremist will carelessly throw that into his stereotype for liberals, and say that all liberals cant back up their beliefs and make too much carrot cake.