Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

got the new petersons today...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by muddysub, Apr 1, 2002.

1. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

lots of stuff, np241 rebuild, a cool soft top for k5s, 42" tires with minimal lift, fender trimming, and a chevy 8.1L engine swap! oh and a suburban pre runner! anyone else got it yet?

2. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

No, I haven't got it yet so quit braggin. Now I have to go put my jacket on and walk down to the mail box just to see if it's there. Which it probably wont be. I'm always the last to get it. Your lucky you don't live closer or I'd be at your house now reading it in your bathroom.

3. Den

Den 1/2 ton status

got mine sat. damn i need a cage and soft top!!! 300$ for a smitty cage..not bad....

4. Heavymetal

Heavymetal 1/2 ton status Premium Member

A pre-runner suburban? I gotta see that! Where are my damn keys?/forums/images/icons/wink.gif

5. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

it's a 01 body on a 73 frame(so they can run a marine application 8.1L. It has a IFS kit built on to it and the cage is just awesome. It was only a sneak peek of what is to come.

6. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

yeah it is sweeeeeeeeet. Good issue for sure!

7. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Is that the issue with the sweet<font color=yellow> Yellow</font color=yellow> First Gen Blazer on the cover?

8. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

if you mean the one sporting the 33 14.5 baja belteds...then yeah/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif I got mine the other day too. It's sweet cover to cover

9. Ryan B.

Yup.

I dug that cage you guys are talking about for the burb. Very intricate work. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

10. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

I don't usually get my magazine BEFORE these threads hit CK5, but this time I did.....

The yellow 1st Gen on the cover looks pretty....but something's up with that grille. I looks like the "inner" was painted with too much silver paint.

ALSO......Is it just me or does it seem like Christian Hazel won the lottery recently? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif First he installs a custom-built Dynatrac Dana60 ($$$$).....and now in the most recent issue you see his truck getting a custom "convertible" treatment, a custom rollcage, custom wheelwell fabrication, 42" Wheels.....A full compliment of Autometer gauges to replace the factory dash.......

What else have I missed.....? Writing for a magazine must have it's priveleges, I suppose. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif And yes as a matter of fact I suppose I AM jealous.....

11. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

No kidding! How in the heck do these guys get all that cash?!!! I'm sure it has something to do with the "fringe benefits" of working in the staff of a magazine...

12. Ryan B.

If you look closely on the yellow first gen you can see the hack job he did to the rear part of both the front and rear wheel wells to stuff those meats.