Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got the POR-15 on today

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TX Mudder, May 24, 2001.

1. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

and boy are my hands black. :)
    i used the POR patch and it works great to fill in holes - I filled in a dozen or so pin-holes in the floorboards in addition to 3 larger holes. I then used the cleaner and Metal ready, then painted it with Semi-Gloss.
    I'm not so sure about the claim of the little can covering 12 sq. ft. but it covered left and right floorboards from where the seat starts to almost to the firewall, but not including the tranny tunnel. I'm going to go ahead and put the seat back in temporarily, but I plan to buy the 6-pack so I can do under the seat, the kick panels, and behind the seat.
    I'm wondering how this is going to look since the interior is blue and tan, but hey paint is temporary and POR is not.
    -- Mike

2. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

sounds like a project that I need to do! could be fun, but I gotta let my hand heal first...

[​IMG] <font color=blue> Jeff </font color=blue> [​IMG]