Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

got the rock ram in today (Pics)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by highrider_44s, Jul 23, 2004.

1. highrider_44s

highrider_44s 1/2 ton status

i finally got around to putting the ram in today /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif after a lot of /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif in the hot sun (truck wont fit in shop anymore) she's finally in i think it turn out all right so far everything works
    need to make final adjustments tommorow maby still modify the pump /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

heres the ram mounted
    [​IMG]

and heres the box all taped and mounted
    [​IMG]
    didn't get any final picks because it got dark out
    but all in all in took it for a drive drives good still needs a final tweak or two /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. or2play

or2play 1/2 ton status

Sweet, I just got mine in too. Ain't the great. Its so nice to be able to turn my tires /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Cant tell from the pic but did you weld a mounting tab on the draglink or is it a clamp?

What ram did you use?

4. highrider_44s

i welded it on the tabs on both ends
    i was going to bolt it to the drag link but it would have
    been a pain in the ass. besides the weld would probably be alot more solid /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

the ram is a 8' stoke 2 inch boar i bought it from
    princess auto

5. crowley

crowley Registered Member

ram looks good man! it looks like your springs are toast tho.

6. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    ram looks good man! it looks like your springs are toast tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your right, they look bent.

7. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Did you tap your box yourself? Looks good, also how much did the ram cost you if you don't mind telling /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

uhhh your panhard bar is kind of running the wrong direction. When the suspension compresses the panhard bar is gonna push the suspension one way and the drag link is gonna be pushing the other way. If you mounted it reverse of what you have they would travel together and no bump steer.

9. highrider_44s

[ QUOTE ]
    Did you tap your box yourself? Looks good, also how much did the ram cost you if you don't mind telling /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    yea i did tap it myself wasn't that hard
    the bottom hole was the hardest bacause the tap was tapered i found that if you drill through and partway into the otherside of the gallery you had enough room to get the tap in far enough as well as it acts a little resivor in behind the fitting /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    the ram was just under a bill /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif (this is canadian)

10. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    the ram was just under a bill /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif (this is canadian)

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what I have been seeing also....will be upgrading shortly after m x over is done /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

11. highrider_44s

[ QUOTE ]
    uhhh your panhard bar is kind of running the wrong direction. When the suspension compresses the panhard bar is gonna push the suspension one way and the drag link is gonna be pushing the other way. If you mounted it reverse of what you have they would travel together and no bump steer.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea i don't know what i was thinking when i put that in /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif
    i think i was looking at it in a different way
    probably be the next thing i change
    does it matter if the panhard bar is a different length than the steering bar /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif will they travel different distances or will it be minnimal

12. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

took you damn long enough....
    hows the fam?
    u need anything from your folks place?
    Grant

13. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

it would be minimal, the panhard should be on a very similar angle to your steering drag link, that is the most important thing(well that and that it goes the same way /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif)