Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got the Trans in and a great discovery!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by RingMaster4x4, Feb 14, 2005.

1. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Well as some may know I have been trying to get the clutch to work on my blazer for a while now. Well I got all the problems fixed.

The Biggest thing that I learned was the fact that Flex Line (not sure if that is the correct name for it) can not be used to lenghten a hydro (yes was you may have guessed I can't spell) clutch line. So replaced it with a steel line and all is better.

Now came the discovery............are you ready..................I drained the fluid in the transmission.............. and it was pure clean CLEAR WATER. :blush: Filled it with Heavy gear oil and all is good, but it still pops out of 2ND. I will get that fixed next.

Thanks for everones help and time.:thumb:

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

Im thinkin that just draining it wasent good enough, pretty shure all the water diddent get out, wich means that youll have water in your oil, wich means your oil is going to break down faster= bad news,

I would pull it take it apart and really clean it good before you fill it up, this would give you the chance to fix the popping out of second problem to.

3. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Yep that is all ready in the works:grin:

4. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

Glad to hear the hydroclutch setup is working now. How much movement of the slave piston do you have now that it is working properly?

5. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

How did you get all water in there?

6. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

That's what happened to me! Luckily, as fast as this thing leaks, I think I've cycled enough oil through it to really clean it out. No rust was in the water though, so I never worried much. I guess that's what happens when you buy a tranny from some guy who doesn't even remember what exactly it came out of...