Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got the worlds best mp3 player today (hopefully) haha!

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Rebel-Rider, Jun 5, 2002.

1. Rebel-Rider

Rebel-Rider 1/2 ton status

hey guys just thought id let you know that i saved my money and bought an mp3 player its a KENWOOD KDC-MP919 the MSRP on them is around $600, crutchfield wants $480 i ordered mine from CarAudioCrazy for $360 including shipping, also known as Luxury Auto Sound, there out of Loveland CO ; i know the owners and would definately reccomend them to any and everyone but anyway here's a link to what it looks like
    http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-uaU1LqUfMBn/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=3&g=62700&I=113MP919&o=m&a=0

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

That's a nice looking head unit. Have you got it installed yet ??? How's it sound ??? I've always liked Kenwood. I may own a JVC, but I still like Kenwood.

3. Rebel-Rider

i get it installed friday, its got some pretty cool features though,, you can control any Kenwood amps from the deck, etc,,,

4. Cusm

Cusm 1/2 ton status

I do not think this unit has the controls for the amp. I think it is only available on the excillion series. This is an awesome unit and that is a great price, cost is about $320 or so. The only thing it has that I do not like is the silver face, the Excillion unit (859 I think it is) has a solid black face. It is also Sirius ready so all you need is the receiver and the antennae. i will probably get this head unit later this year.

5. Rebel-Rider

yeah its got all the controls for the kenwood amps, im sure of it, I didnt think i would like the silver face either but i can always get one from the 759 excelon same but black

6. Morphgizmo

Morphgizmo Registered Member

I purchased and installed this <a target="_blank" href=http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-NVTbbPYeUlD/ProdView.asp?s=0&amp;c=3&amp;g=62700&amp;I=113MPV7019&amp;o=m&amp;a=0> Kenwood MPV-7019 </a> a few weeks ago.

It seems to be a little sensative to scratches and dust on my CDR's, but other than that I am very happy with it. The built-in 50 watt amp is better than I expected as well.

7. Rebel-Rider

Got mine installed this morning, i love it its got so many great features, i traded my old deck on a pair of mtx road thunder 2's with ported boxes and i am running these off of the deck and there still loud as hell I love this deck so much im glad i got it its taken me a day just to go through all the features but i enjoyed it all <font color="red"> </font color>

8. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I'm thinking fo getting a KDC-X659. Alot of the same basic features and a bit less $$$. I've been doing research for a few weeks now and everything I have seen leads me to think the Kenwood's are the best!

9. Rebel-Rider

hey that looks like a good unit how much $$ you have to pay for it i only paid 360 for mine <font color="red"> </font color>

10. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

11. Rebel-Rider

looks like a good deck pretty close to mine let me know what you decide you may want to contact caraudiocrazy@aol.com and see how much they'll give it to you for <font color="red"> </font color>

12. The85k5

The85k5 1/2 ton status

thats a sweet looking deck...we just got in the 819 today...i work at circuit city...the only thing with kenwood is they have the slowest read time for mp3's...jenson is actually faster....sony actually has the fastest read time even though sony decks arent that great.

13. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Funny...all the research I have done leads me to the Kenwood as the one with the least gap between songs. I have heard people say there is no gap between songs in the same folder and a .5sec gap between songs in other folders.
    I have to admit I haven't heard any of these head units yet.

14. The85k5

The85k5 1/2 ton status

i actually havnt used that model yet...kenwood could have some new buffers or what not....the kdcmpv619 has is extremely slow and so is the mp819....but i dunno about the new ones....that deck u have is awesome looking though...i wish we carried it....the price we get is awesome!

15. Rebel-Rider

for the mp3's it seems like it depends all on what song you download of the net, some will just barely skip, some will have 2-3 seconds till the song starts

16. Kev71

Kev71 Registered Member

17. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Hey Kev, that's the unit i've been eyeing...does it skip on cdrs at all? I bypassed the $600 cd option in my new truck so I could put in a totat stereo system and this is the head unit on my mind...

18. Rebel-Rider

i would just go with a kenwood, or eclipse those are the only 2 brands i would go with you can get the kenwood very very cheap if you just talk to the people at car audio crazy caraudiocrazy@aol.com