Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got the wrong winch AGAIN..company rant ANOTHER problem I'm finished

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MTBLAZER89, Apr 30, 2004.

1. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Got the wrong winch AGAIN..company rant ANOTHER problem I\'m finished

Anybody ever buy from sportztrailers.com? My beautiful wife ordered me a Warm XD9.5T and we just went and picked it up beacuse they used some mom and pop's shipping company that pissed away the timely shipment. Anyway we just drove to Reno (60 Mi) and picked up the 9.5XP not the T /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Hopefully this company will work with us, because my wife called the other day about all the problems with shipping and the guy was very rude and told her he could refund her money and she could shop somewhere else /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif good service there. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif It says right on their website
    [ QUOTE ]
    FREIGHT POLICY: ALL ORDERS OF $2,000 OR LESS WILL BE SHIPPED BY FEDEX GROUND

[/ QUOTE ] hmmm?

anyway thats my small rant just wondering if anybody has dealt with them before? I wil keep everybody updated on how they deal with their mistake /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. BamBamblazer

BamBamblazer 1/2 ton status

Re: Got the wrong winch......company rant

/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif Hope everything gets fixed.

[ QUOTE ]
    My beautiful wife ordered me a Warm XD9.5T

[/ QUOTE ]
    p.s. Can i borrow your wife? /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

3. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Even though you drove all that way, I would've been inclined to deny shipment and then put a stop payment on the item. Easy to do with a check, or you can dispute the charge on your credit card. I had a similar situation, which was resolved very satisfactorily, and Visa held off payment until I was satisfied. Given the poor customer service, I would've taken the guy up on his offer.

4. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

so what did they give you? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    my bud gave me a set of rancho shocks (4) that some company sent him, /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif they were the wrong one's and he called and emailed them to send a shipper to send them back. After 3 weeks he said f-it /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif(he did get his moneys back) and gave them to me to see if they will work for my truck... /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif

5. MTBLAZER89

[ QUOTE ]
    Even though you drove all that way, I would've been inclined to deny shipment and then put a stop payment on the item.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't look at it at the warehouse cause it was a surprise. She didn't know it was wrong until I unwrapped it. Hopefully it will all work out. I searched ebay for the company and there are only 6 negative reviews and all were about shipping.

I got the 9.5 XP instead of the Thrmomtetric which she ordered.

6. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

7. motofool

motofool 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

thats funny ^^ good thinkin 1-ton

hope all goes well

8. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

What is it with these companies that think they can treat you like you don't matter?? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I run my own company and it (obviously) relies on customers to keep me in business...so why piss them off?!! Sure, you get a few jerks whos mothers would probebly even close the door in their face but on the whole, if i treat them with some respect I get it in return. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    I bought a NP203 rebuild kit and chain from a company in Portland. They asked me specifically what width chain I had, so I measured it and told them. When the package arrived the chain was wrong! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif When I told them they just said to send it back. Problem is...I'm in England! I had my t/case in bits so wanted it that weekend plus I was expected to pay the postage....which was more than the chain cost in the first place. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif So I've got a chain I can't use and they lost a customer!

9. sportztrailers

sportztrailers Newbie

WHAT A CRYBABY! YOUR WIFE (PROBABLY UGLY AND DUMB) WAS OFFERED A REFUND WHEN SHE CALLED. YOU FAILED TO MENTION THAT! SHE TURNED IT DOWN AND AND DECIDED TO DRIVE AND GET IT! I GUESS THAT WAS OUR FAULT. GUESS I GOT THE DUMB PART RIGHT! NOW YOU THINK TRASHING MY COMPANY ON THIS FORUM IS THE WAY TO GO. EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE NOT CONTACTED ME UNTIL AFTER YOU POSTED YOUR LETTER AND THAT WAS WITH LINK TO YOU SLANDERING COMMENTS! YOU HAVE NOT EVEN CALLED ME YOURSELF, JUST LIKE A COWARD, TO HIDE BEHIND HIS WIFES SKIRT! I ORDER CORRECT WINCH FROM MY SUPPLIER. THEY MADE A HONEST MISTAKE, THAT I WILL MAKE RIGHT, AND WOULD HAVEW WITH A SIMPLE CALL TO OUR TOLL FREE NUMBER. I OFFERED YOUR MONEY BACK WHEN SHE CALLED. THAT WAS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. NOW YOU TRYING TO SLANDER MY COMPANY INSTEAD OR CALLING AND HANDLING LIKE MAN NOT A CRYBABY. I WILL STILL GIVE MONEY BACK WHEN ITEM IS RETURNED. I AM CONTACTING OUR COMPANY LAWYER MONDAY TO SEE ABOUT LEGAL RIGHT TO TAKE ACTION AGAINST YOU AND FORUM!

10. gm4x

gm4x 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    WHAT A CRYBABY! YOUR WIFE (PROBABLY UGLY AND DUMB) WAS OFFERED A REFUND WHEN SHE CALLED. YOU FAILED TO MENTION THAT! SHE TURNED IT DOWN AND AND DECIDED TO DRIVE AND GET IT! I GUESS THAT WAS OUR FAULT. GUESS I GOT THE DUMB PART RIGHT! NOW YOU THINK TRASHING MY COMPANY ON THIS FORUM IS THE WAY TO GO. EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE NOT CONTACTED ME UNTIL AFTER YOU POSTED YOUR LETTER AND THAT WAS WITH LINK TO YOU SLANDERING COMMENTS! YOU HAVE NOT EVEN CALLED ME YOURSELF, JUST LIKE A COWARD, TO HIDE BEHIND HIS WIFES SKIRT! I ORDER CORRECT WINCH FROM MY SUPPLIER. THEY MADE A HONEST MISTAKE, THAT I WILL MAKE RIGHT, AND WOULD HAVEW WITH A SIMPLE CALL TO OUR TOLL FREE NUMBER. I OFFERED YOUR MONEY BACK WHEN SHE CALLED. THAT WAS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. NOW YOU TRYING TO SLANDER MY COMPANY INSTEAD OR CALLING AND HANDLING LIKE MAN NOT A CRYBABY. I WILL STILL GIVE MONEY BACK WHEN ITEM IS RETURNED. I AM CONTACTING OUR COMPANY LAWYER MONDAY TO SEE ABOUT LEGAL RIGHT TO TAKE ACTION AGAINST YOU AND FORUM!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say (if this is a legit post, from the actual shop, and not someone's idea of a "joke") that this shops "attitude" speaks for itself. /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif I'd be curious as if this reply IS a legit one.

Seems to be more "slander" in this post, than what I'd read in the customers.

11. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Oooooh you just wax poetic with your well thought out argument!

Hahahahahaha, you're so goddamn idiotic it's VERY funny, and not the least infuriating

I'd never trust a company that can't spell "sports" anyway

Yeah I doubt any business owner would be this stupid

Someone want to trace the Ip to see if it's from the same place the company is?

12. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'd never trust a company that can't spell "sports" anyway

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Sportztrailers - You crack me up! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

13. MTBLAZER89

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where in my post did I slander your company? My post was simply a question about if anybody had similar dealings. Th largest problem with the whole transaction is shipping. I know it is not completely in your hands with shipping unless you are using, but I am pretty sure Fed-Ex would have dropped it off at my door a few days sooner than these other companies we had to deal with. We have contacted you yesterday upon discovering the merchandise was wrong.We left a message on your machine asking you to call us so we can figure out how to fix the problem. I did not post the link either. All I want is the correct winch without having to jump through hoops or pay any more money too get it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. MTBLAZER89

Re: Got the wrong winch..company rant UPDATE resloved

Well I just got off the phone with Sportztrailers. Spoke to a different peson this time who apologized and is correcting the problem as we speak /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif The old winch will be picked up on my doorstep and the new one will be delivered there as well. They are going to use a different freight company to avoid the problems with multiple shiiping compaies dropping the ball. Anyway I am happy again, and I really do not appreciate whoever e-mailed the company for me. I was handling that part my post was simply trying to find out if anybody had dealt with them before, and how they are. All companies make mistakes that is expected it is how they deal with correcting them that really matters. Anyway they are handling it very well, and want to make me happy. XD9500T shipped to my door for $875 is a pretty good deal if you ask me /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

15. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i hate to say it, but i feel some what responsible for this /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif i pointed your wife in the right dirrection for which winch to get you and specificaly linked her to that site. sorry bout all the trouble brian /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

16. MTBLAZER89

It's cool Branndon you guys did good /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Thats a pretty darn good deal on the winch. I have the XP to look at till the Thermo gets here /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

17. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

So did they make that post? I'd be mad if someone insulted my wife.... if I had a wife..... I'm going to go cry now...... ; _ ;

18. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

In this day and age of Internet and special interest online discussion forums bad news travels faster that ever, and businesses must be more diligent than ever in resolving customers' issues. Had this company thought that they were dealing with only you and your wife on this issue, chances are you would still be getting blown off by this company...right now!

Do not worry about law suites. In the eyes of the law, slander is only when someone can prove that accusations made against them is not true. It is near impossible to sue the owners of a discussion board. Even though ColoradoK5.com may own the intellectual property of this forum, in the eyes of the law, it is still considered "public domain", thus statements posted by users is their property, and not ColoradoK5.com.

You could sue the company that posted the derogatory remark about your wife, but first you have to prove that Sportztrailers.com posted it, and then prove it caused some irreparable or financial damage.

Anyhow, I am glad that someone at Sportztrailers.com decided to take the bull by the horns, and do you right.

19. MTBLAZER89

yeah it was them that replied /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif It has all been settled and I am getting the proper product delivered to my doorstep this time. The comment about my wife well.. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif I guess I could call them names back /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif We have all the proper document to back up that we were right and they made the mistakes so it's over. I'm glad I talked to somebody who wanted to help me and it's being fixed.

20. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Seriously? The company actually made that post? Well hmmmmmm. Mentally makin a note not to deal with sportztrailers.com ever ever ever ever ever.

Good luck to y'all in the future.

Allan