Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

got to drive a tahoe

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MEPR, Feb 5, 2003.

1. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

Well in auto tech we have a 2001 Tahoe that gm gave the school for OBD2 work. Well useually the teacher pulls it in and out of the shop, but today i got to. It was fun those things are soooo nice! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

I bet that was nice. I would love to get a chance to drive one of the newer trucks. I know everyone here does not like IFS's but when I am on the road in my 96 say on the highway I feel like I am floating on a cloud. I really enjoy long trips, they are very comfortable. My 93 was nice too and both trucks are decent offroad. I can only imagine how nice the newer ones are. I have not seen the interior in the 2001s either.

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I got to drive an 02 Suburban the other day at work... Someone thought I was the valet parking guy that we don't have... and of course I'm not going to pass up an opportunity to drive a brand new Suburban /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

4. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

My Father bought a 2002 Yukon with the Z71 offroad package. It has the 5.3, leather and just about every option. Man, I love that thing and drive it every time I possibly can! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

5. pissant469

pissant469 1/2 ton status

my best friend's parents let me drive there's all the time because his liscence got suspended. that thing sucks donkey balls. sure it rides smooth as can be but it has the 5.3 that thing sure pin me back in the seat like there on silverado at 3/4 throttle did but i can stomp that and hold it and i don't feel nothing

6. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

yeah that thing is realy nice, I realy dont mind IFS probly becouse i dont do realy "hardcore" off roading i just run trails, and ill take and ifs truck on road anny day. And the reliability issues of ifs are a bunch of bs as long as you grease it youll be just fine. All i know is that race trucks use ifs so it cant be that bad. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

7. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

My father had a IFS 89 1/2 ton 4x4 pickjup. . I was visiting him in New Jersey the day he picked it up from the dealer. We were so excited becuase he had ordered what options and colors he wanted with it. You see he owned his own computer business and worked with big business computers so he traveled all over the country and mostly up and down the east coast. He also towed his race care with it to the track every weekend. When my Daddy passed away from cancer /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif that truck had 400K miles on it. He took great care of it and was always making sure everything was greased up and lubed. He had to replace the heater core 3 times but the suspension never gave him a problem. He had to deal with rough terrain (not hardcore 4 wheeling lol) and a lot of pavement use too. That truck was very good to him.

8. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

well all yopu have to do is look at my luv to see that ifs trucks are great too. 1: its got 215k on it and still going strong 2: its rated at 1/2 ton but i have had 1ton in the bed before and it didnt miss a beat. 3: it survived my older brother, that takes alot out of a truck /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif