Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

GOT to tell you about my ride home last night.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Grim-Reaper, Oct 10, 2002.

1. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Well let me set this up. My 75 Jimmy (Dollar) is pretty unique. It was a rust bucket and I had to MAKE new floors for it. Even thoug it's a Roadster it does not have rocker boxes. I built a sub frame for the floor out of 1x2 box and even my rockers are now part of the structure and tied heavily into the A-Piller. My truck has much less shake than most roadsters. On to what happend.

I had some steel to pick up yesterday that would not fit in the Supra so I drove old Dollar to work. Around here folks drive 90mph. Well I drive Dollar to about 2800-3000 rpm. Roughtly 68mph and don't push it much past that. Stay in the right lane unless I happen to come up on somebody slower and that's not often.
    So headed home down I75 yesterday minding my own buisness listening to the radio in the right lane. Not really paying attention to what's behind me. Out of the corner of my eye I see something in the passenger side fish eye mirror. I get to looking and I have a POS early 90's Dodge shadow tailgating me so bad that most of the time I can't even see them at all.
    It's irrattating me. I speed up...they speed up. So I slow down to about 55mph and they slow down and they won't pass me. Get it back up to near 70mph still there. Flip on the parking lights. Doesn't even phase them.
    SO, I'm getting pissed now. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif This goes on for like 5 miles.
    I really don't want to slam on the brakes and possibly get rear ended. I Shoot a cig butt out the window that I know got sucked into the slip streem and hit this car. Nothing, I might as well have been towing this car. Wishing for a cop to see this and none to be found.
    BRIGHT light comes on. I have not washed the truck in a LONG while. I just got back from Tellico and I know there is about 200lb worth of dry mud under the truck. I Start stomping on the floors trying to get some to cut loose. I giving it all I got trying to get the floor to flex some. I think I have heel marks as was hitting it so hard.
    About 6 good stomps and I get my reward with a huge chunk of mud coming free! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Crap all bouncing under the truck it sounded like a hail storm on a tin roof. HUGE red cloud of dirt comes flying out from behind me in the mirrors. An unexpected bonus was I was stomping my feet while laughing and another chunk cuts loose and got them again LOL. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    They finnaly got off my butt and passed me. I just smiled and waved at the woman. She didn't have a plesent look on her face LOL. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

ah revenge is sweet /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Bwahahahahahaha /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifWay to go Grim, serves them right. I hate /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif tailgaters that dont want to pass and just sit there for no reason.

Score one for Grim /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

LOL--That was a great story Grim, have to remember that one next time I get a tailgater. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. 74k5inVA

74k5inVA 1/2 ton status

this is better than the story about the police cruiser almost getting flattened!

6. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

hahaha i love revenge

7. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

HAHAH...to funny good story man..what would we do w/ out these trucks i tell you!?

8. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

lol. for that reason i never wash my truck. i get tailgaters all the time. usually ricers. just keep on ridin hittin bumps. its fun. lol. revenge is a good thing. later.

jacob

9. 88jimmyoungowner

88jimmyoungowner 1/2 ton status

i now exactly what you are talking about grim, i hate I-75 traffic, but when there is no traffic, then i love the interstate. people always tailgate like you are towing them. one day im gonna slam the brakes, and show them a thing or two. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

man, if my kids aren't in the car i hit the brakes. let em buy me a new bumper, tailgate whatever. i'll just tell the nice officer that a dog or a deer jumped out in front of me. another thing that works if your on a 2 lane road with not much shoulder is to put the right side tires in the gravel and watch the rocks fly. i really love when the idiots tailgate in the winter on snowy or icy roads. it's just an open invatation for me to start fish tailing. then they think your out of control and back off.

now i'm road ragin and i'm not even in the car! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

11. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

tailgating really dont bother me..hell if he wants to ride on my ass...let him! im in my truck...wtf do i care what the guy in the honda behind me does? he gets hurt..hey its his problem not mine! i just keep on driving my speed! lol

12. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

that's great grim! LMAO /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

I hate tailgaters, they get the brake pedal from me.

14. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Nice! I'll have to keep that trick in mind! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

15. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Jacob... you don't wash your truck cause you can't get your truck to drive far enough to reach the powerwash. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    Just kiddin buddy, /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif one day yours will be better than mine /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. blwnbwtie

blwnbwtie Registered Member

haha thats comedy! /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

17. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

Thats why I love my diesel, just stomp on the pedal and they back off or pass me cause of the smoke /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif and diesel fumes.

18. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

Ya, it was hilarious!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

19. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

so????????????????? do u think yer parents can help pay for my stuff like they do yers /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif haha. one day just one day. lol. later.

jacob

20. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Well, I did laugh while reading this, as I have had several experiences with tailgaters, but with halogen lamps pointed rearward, air horns, and a overbuilt hitch (for truck pulling), I usually never had to worry about tailgaiters too often. After recent events though, I now think twice (My brother in law's brother being shot and killed on the highway). I'm glad the car just passed you (and it serves her right for what she did), but I'm just glad they weren't some sick **** (like the person doing the shootings in Maryland). I will say, I was a total A-hole on the highway when somebody ticked me off (I always had the last laugh so to speak), but now it doesn't seem worth it to me. Again glad things worked out for you, but just wanted to let people know to be careful as well. And what would we do without Grim...... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif