Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

got to use my new rock sliders this morning!!! (tons of PICS!!))

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by colbystephens, Jan 16, 2007.

1. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

i was on my way to school, as school wasn't cancelled yet. here's my accident report that i'm gonna send in to my insurance claims company... minus all the important info. :D darlene owns the black car.

Driving west on Holgate in Portland, Oregon. I crested the hill which is just east of the intersection of Holgate and 39th, and thought to myself that if I had to brake for a red light that I’d probably end up sliding. Sure enough the light turned, and my brakes immediately locked up. This would have been fine, as I would have stopped just fine for the red light except for the fact that there was a black car in the no-parking zone next to a bus stop.

[​IMG]

I slid into Darlene’s rear driver’s side quarter panel, impacting the vehicle with the rock-slider with which I have replaced the rocker panels on my truck with. Thus, there’s not even a scratch on my vehicle due to the incident.

This is the damage on the other vehicle due to me:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Apparently, Darlene had come down the same hill and hit another vehicle belonging to a woman who works for Collision Rebuilders, Inc. (Either Mary Anderson or Janine Bennett, don’t know, as I only received the business card and don’t know which woman it was.)

The damage due to this accident which is in no way connected to my incident with Darlene is pictured here:

[​IMG]

I don’t know how much earlier this accident happened prior to my collision with Darlene, but she allowed her vehicle to remain in the no-parking zone during our exchange of information as well. As a result, another vehicle slid into her vehicle, only grazing the side and no obvious damage was a result of this collision. he then collided with another vehicle at the intersection. This vehicle is pictured here:

[​IMG]

Minor scratches resulted on this vehicle at the separation between the front and rear doors pictured here, but I am not knowledgeable of any damage on Darlene’s vehicle as a result.

_________
    crazy. :) funny tho. i gave the lady a ride home, since she didn't feel comfortable driving home. here's some other shots i took this morning.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:haha: more pics soon.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2007
  2. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

What a way to break in your sliders :waytogo: :D !!

3. colbystephens

so we took the cats out in the snow... funny stuff.

here's our cat flower... she wasn't too happy.

[​IMG]

poor thing looks scared to death here. :D

[​IMG]

here's our room-mates cat, ofelia. guess she's named after a whore in some ancient painting. :haha:

[​IMG]

here's our other cat, rory, digging into my jacket to keep me from putting him down! :haha:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. colbystephens

:D I'm proud of 'em!!

5. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Damn, Colby..

Reminds me of a wreck I had, during the first snow of the 1986 winter..

I was driving my 77 GMC longbed, ( 3speed, straight 6), when I tried to stop at the top of a hill.. The road was very slick ( we had freezing rain earlier ), so I skate down the hill, and hit a guy square in the back, who was waiting at the light at the bottom of said hill..

we pulled to the curb lane, and exchanged info..( no damage ). while we were doing that, I look up, and see a lady coming down the hill with her wheels locked, and boom.. she runs into the back of my truck, pushing it back into the first guy I hit.. so he and I are watching our vehicles go further down the hill, without us in it.. the lady that hit me was bawling, because she went under my diamond plate bumper, tearing up her cars nose.. I ended up having to move her car and my truck out of the intersection..

I'd enjoy driving in the snow, if it wasn't for everyone else..

Tom

6. bigbluesuburban

bigbluesuburban 1/2 ton status

When I let my dog Skip out to do his morning business he dashed out the door, slipped on the ice, bounded down 5 steps, landed on his side and slid about 3 feet down the driveway. He gets up, looks at me like I pushed him or something, the whole time I am laughin my arse off. He was not amused.

The ice was so thick that the 3/4 minus in my driveway was slick as h3ll. I did do a very cool 4 wheel monster truck spin on the ice in the parking lot at Winco though. Very cool. Too bad there was noone around to see my coolness.

7. colbystephens

agreed w/ your last statement, tom. :)

there was one guy who slid down a hill and hit at least 10 cars, but damaged at least 15 as a result! we never get snow, and the city wasn't prepared. there was no snow at 4 am, but by 7, when we got up, it was covered over an inch deep.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2007
  8. colbystephens

ok, more pics of what we've been up to today!! i made the body, claire did the other stuff.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:haha:!!!

9. TexasBlazerBoy

TexasBlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

Envious hijack

Your windshield wipers work, wow.:bow: Serioulsy the po effed all the electrical up in my truck. I've go this getto-fabbed switch, it sucks. I am not quiet the electrical guru either:crazy:

10. colbystephens

ummmm... that's what i got at the moment too. :yuk: