Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got top off, and removed chrome molding..

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wraenking, Jul 25, 2003.

1. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

ok guys. i have had my k5 for about 3 months now and finally have the top offm and i love it!!! i will post pics over the weekend. it also looks ten times better without the gay molding around it. (no offense lol)

now, what do i do with the damn clips in the tailgate from the big piece of molding? do you suggest getting a new tailgate without holes, or suggestions on filling them?

thanks for any info!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. anatomiczero

anatomiczero 1/2 ton status

Take the clips off and have the holes welded?

3. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    do you suggest getting a new tailgate without holes, or suggestions on filling them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, don't have to get a new tailgate. I got some little plugs locally and stuck those in there. You can't really even notice them and they are shallow enough that you can still run a buffer over the tops of them without any problems.

4. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    ok guys. i have had my k5 for about 3 months now and finally have the top offm and i love it!!! i will post pics over the weekend. it also looks ten times better without the gay molding around it. (no offense lol)

now, what do i do with the damn clips in the tailgate from the big piece of molding? do you suggest getting a new tailgate without holes, or suggestions on filling them?

thanks for any info!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the chrome molding GAY? /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif... I guess I better go take it off.. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

5. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I got some little plugs locally and stuck those in there. You can't really even notice them and they are shallow enough that you can still run a buffer over the tops of them without any problems.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Any way to get some pics of them installed and not installed to see what they look like?

6. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Sure can. I will take some pics after I get home from work.