Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

got towed by a bronco!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bryguy00b, Jul 3, 2003.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

went weelin today with some friends in our local 4x4 club..me..guy in a bronco...and a jeep wrangler. great time. got muddy..some more dents and scrathes to. on the way out i turned my truck of to let her cool down a little when we got out..then the starter decided to poop out on me..it was in need of replacment anyhow but what a time to do it..hour and a half away from home. so jay the guy with the bronco towed me to a autozone for the night. gatta go tomorrow and put a starter in it(taking the one form the blazer cause its practicly new) and hopefuly ill be on my way. ill put pics up soon to.. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

at least youi\ made it hom my friend;s and i went across the street from my dad's, he has 10 acres and there is 100+ across the street. when we got stuck (bscause of an over heating bronco) , we had to walk back and get a front loader to pull us out. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

3. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

When ever i get stranded or broke down, i dont care what pulls me as long as i get my rig home /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Sounds like it's time for Steve to send out a squad to collect your CK5 membership sticker! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

haha..yea i dont care i dont have anything against other brands its just a joke..actually his bronco kicks ass! and it could woop me off road. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

6. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

we've pulled a jeep up a trail in Uwharrie in NC. The jeeps short wheelbase and long rear overhang got it caught up on the bumper. Add some slick clay mud and some all terrains, and you got a recipe for being stuck!

Of course, the trail was narrow, and there was no bypass, and nobody had a rear-ward mounted winch (or, any winch for that matter). And since the rear bumper was stuck, there wasnt even a tow point to pull him in reverse.

So we get 2 guys to stand on the front of his jeep, and 6 other guys with a tow strap, and we pull with all of our combined 1hp (maybe) and we free him.

So I think you did quite well. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif