Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got towed by a Heep today

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by homemadesin, Jun 22, 2003.

1. homemadesin

homemadesin 1/2 ton status

Went up to do some wheelin' up in the CO mountains today. Had my '72 CST with full crew (4) followed by a '93 Jeep 4 banger cold bone stock with full crew (4).

I got past two creek crossing (less than a mile from the trail start) with the 2nd crossing flowing heavy near 2 or 2.5 feet (good stuff). The Jeep hesitated and we had a Land Rover on our tail, so the Jeep tried to back-up (got cold feet) and wound up on 2 wheels. I started to go back to help, when poof! Smoke starts rolling from the engine compartment! Turns out the hot lead from the alt hit the exhaust, ground the positve lead and smoked the insulation completely off from there to the battery. Dead, across the trail on the other side of the stream. I mean perpendicular on the trail. The Land Rover helped the Jeep, pulled me straight and across the stream. Damn that water was cold!

Well the tiny might 2.5L 4 banger, with 4 guys, tools and gear pulled the silent giant K5 with 4 guys, tools and gear for 10 miles back I-70, up hill and all. The Jeep had 235/75R15 tires, open diffs, and keep chugging. Pretty funny.

It's all good, the K5 has saved him before. Ahhh, humble pie......

2. Big Sean E

Big Sean E Registered Member

Good, funny story! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Usually I get hauled by a ford flatbed when mine poops out! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif