Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got Winter?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Polaris, Feb 7, 2003.

1. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Ah, winter in Wisconsin. I took some pics for you all today.
    Here is a screen shot of my Weatherbug at around 8:00am. Check out the windchill /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif!
    [​IMG]

Backyard covered in a blanket of snow:
    [​IMG]

Driveway shot:
    [​IMG]

Yeehaw!

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Damn, thats cold !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Here's Sacramento... this must be like summer to you what we have right now...

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Ohhhh, thats mean. It's like 33 degrees here, yeah, we're havinng a heat wave. Yesterday it didn't get over -1.

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

We sure do have winter up here in Canada.../forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Blaine WA was as close as I could get to home with weather bug. Blaine is about 15 miles away...

[​IMG]

Pretty piss-poor job on my screen shot.../forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I might need a jacket tomorrow...

Rene

6. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

I always thought of Canada as colder than us. Geez. I'm jealous. It is really something when you think 4° is warm. It got up to 9 today. 3 right now with the windchill below 0 again. In about a month I'll be going crazy, but I haven't gotten a chance to wheel in the snow yet so it can stick around for awhile. I remember last May we had a snow/ice storm that dumped like a foot of snow and knocked the power for most of the day. We went and hung out at the new "Super Wal-Mart", Rhinelander's "mall".
    /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Rub it in, lol /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

8. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Speaking of "rub it in"....thanks a lot for posting those pics. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Still NO snow down here. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif But fricking COLD.

9. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

Man i guess winter dosnt visit Spokane anymore. We have had a total of 1' of snow this whole winter, the worst part theres only 25% of the regular snow pack in the mountains. This summer could get interesting...

10. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

that sucks we have had no snow this year /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif send some our way /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

When I left for work this morning every thing was white from all the frost. Looked at the themometer and it was 20 something. Problem with being 20 miles from the coast is when it does get cold it's a damp cold.

12. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

FREE FOR THE HAULING: All of the snow you want, come and get it. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I have just *got* to go wheeling in it. My first year with a built 4x4 and my hub's rig (who gets me unstuck) is all apart /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

13. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

14. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Looks warm. Hey we are up to 18 now! Windchill is up to 4! I'd better get ready to go grocery shopping now that it's so warm out /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
    Actually I never thought I'd miss snow but it held off til like last week. Businesses were not faring very well and it was the first time we haven't gone tobaggoning on New Year's Eve. It was plenty cold but no snow. Looks like we got another inch overnight. This is more like normal for us /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. nofeartruckin00

nofeartruckin00 1/2 ton status

NO FAIR!!!! Sure, take all the snow, i don't care............. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif We get the 7 below temps in the morning, but the most snow i see is the dusting on the windshield wipers. I haven't even used 4x4 this "winter" yet....... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif So not only is my truck mad at me, but because we get this crazy rain every other week, all the snow at the ski hill melts, so now my snowboard is pissed at me too! (Yes, i have problems /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

16. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Your poor, sad truck and snowboard /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    Well, I would love to organize a ride up here maybe early next month but I'm afraid Trev still won't be ready <sigh>. Of course, he could ride along with me! What do you think? There are at least a few of you southerners who have expressed interest /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

17. nofeartruckin00

nofeartruckin00 1/2 ton status

Count me in! If you get a rough idea at a date, i can see if my buddy with the bronco could make it too. What does Trev have left to do on the truck?

18. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Guess what I did today? /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Well we have that 2.5+ acre yard with a good 10-12" of snow covering it. A friend came over to help us with some remodeling we are doing and I told him I'm dying to take my truck through the yard but afraid to get stuck without hub's truck home. He asked me, if he went through in his little beater Toyota hatchback car would I do it then? LOL. I said definitely! So, he did! LOL!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif That was good. I don't know how he did it, but it is mostly powder so I guess that would explain it. I had a blast, baha-style and also made sure to back up the sledding hill to give the kids paths to sled on. It was very fun. Like mudding, without the mess! I guess we can go without his truck too. I'm thinking 3 weeks so that is the first weekend in March. I have to check with Trevor, who is out plastigage-ing his bearings at Chris's place now, along with our regular group. I don't see why not though. About 15 min from us there are trails upon trails but I've never been there in the winter. I'm waiting to hear back from a guy that lives out that way. Trevor hasn't done much to his truck /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif between my working evenings during the week, the flu hitting us, and then redoing a room in the house. I'm glad he went tonight. He should have an idea on time frame. He has a couple leads on axles and has his tranny/tcase combo. We won't know if he needs driveshaft work til the gets that stuff done.

Well, time for me to go rip out carpeting. Maybe tomorrow I can play in the powder some more /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

YEEEEIKES! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif -23 and WC of -37! BRRRRRR!

Its been cold this weekend.... Heres what its like here.

20. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Yeah, 57 sounds real cold. You know, up here when we hit around 40 people call it "warm" and start wearing light or no coats. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

And here is our weather alert for tonight:
    WIND CHILL ADVISORY AFTER MIDNIGHT INTO MONDAY MORNING.. UNTIL 9:30PM CST
    Urgent - Weather Message National Weather Service Green Bay WI 325 PM CST Sun Feb 9 2003

...Dangerously Cold Wind Chills Expected Later Tonight Into Monday Morning Across North Central Wisconsin...

.Another Cold Front Moving Southeast Out Of Canada Will Bring Another Round Of Frigid Temperatures...And Dangerously Low Wind Chill Readings...Beginning After Midnight And Continuing Into Monday Morning Across North Central Wisconsin.

A Wind Chill Advisory Is Issued When A Strong Wind Will Combine With Cold Temperatures To Create Dangerously Cold Conditions For Exposed Skin. The Wind Will Make It Feel Like It Is 25 Degrees Below Zero Or Colder For A Period Of Several Hours. Those Planning To Venture Outdoors Should Use Common Sense And Dress Warmly...Making Sure That All Exposed Skin Is Covered.

0330- Florence-Forest-Langlade-Lincoln-Oneida-Vilas- Including The Cities Of...Rhinelander...Eagle River... Crandon And Antigo 325 PM CST Sun Feb 9 2003

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif will be firing up early to warm up and take kids to school. No way will I make them wait 10 minutes at the bus stop /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Thinking warm thoughts,