Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got zerorate?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sandawgk5, Mar 23, 2006.

1. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

I do:D
    zerorate.JPG

I got these from JKWOFFROAD they have a 10 degree taper and are 1" thick on the narrow end. They will be installed tonight and wheeled on Saturday:D . Also JKW is great to do business with.

Ira

zerorate.JPG

2. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

are you gonna bevel the edges so there is no stress points on the springs?

3. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

They are you cant really tell in the photo. They have been knocked off with a grinder not machined round like ORDs. I think it achieves the same thing. I have a flap disk that I can run over it if necessary. I will see what Readymix thinks we he sees them. How radiused should they be?

Ira

4. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

I would round the edge a little more just to be safe.

They look nice.

5. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Well I ran into a problem with the zerorates. Do to the fact that I cannot afford a new drive shaft with 1410 yokes I bound my shaft at normal ride height. So Brian and I flipped them around to point the pinion angle higher than it was before just to see what would happen. The operating angle of the joints is the same but 180 deg out of phase and at 75 mph there was absolutly no vibration.:D My pinion is pointed up at 23 degrees and I have sufficient oil in the diff that I am not worried about the pinion bearings. If you are confused about how it looks if you draw a line from the tcase out put through the shaft to the pinion it looks like a frown. Can anyone explain why this worked?

Ira