Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

gotta light?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by darkshadow, Oct 19, 2004.

1. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

i do /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[​IMG]

each side has two sets of hologin floods with two bulbs each, a soft flood at the bottom sorta rock light, a 300w spot(clear), and a 300w amber spot great for snot and fog!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

looks awesome!!!
    /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

3. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

thanks budd, oh an i almost forgot my under hood lights, lights up the whole moter /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif.

and its the only lights i could have on to take the pic the others are too bright /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

digicam wont take the pic /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

thats what I need; underhood lights. I hate having to hold a flashlight in one hand, and work with the other /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

5. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

what did you use for the under hood lights? i still got the stupid little one that the blaze came with

6. 85burbanator

85burbanator 1/2 ton status

dude you have to take pics of them lit please, please, please. do it in sequence so we can see what each pair of lights does. then do them all together. what type of lights did you replace the regular lights with? /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

7. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    thats what I need; underhood lights. I hate having to hold a flashlight in one hand, and work with the other /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Trouble light? "Snake-light"?

Rene

8. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

yea I am installing 4 rocks lights at the moment /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I have found they are also real good for working on your rig at night /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

9. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Trouble light? "Snake-light"?

Rene

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know what a snake light is, but If my imagination is working, its a long flexible light?
    My trouble light needs a plug in, and my Jimmy doesn't have one... I guess I could pick up one of those trouble lights that work from the battery /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

10. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

yea I need to rig up a light for under the hood also /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

11. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    dude you have to take pics of them lit please, please, please. do it in sequence so we can see what each pair of lights does. then do them all together. what type of lights did you replace the regular lights with? /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i will when i get all my switching and relays in properly, see if i can come up with a good lit pic.

i found these sealed lights with side by side bulbs, i put one in, but they were a little small and it made the truck look bug eyed, so i turned them sideways and put two more in there. they light up and down in a wide arc as they are sideways. oh and i finished the bottom one off with a little checker plate trim

the under hood lights are these small little light my bro had on his lebaron /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif and has been bugging me to use because e thinks there cool /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif so i finaly did use them /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

thanks guys /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

oh and steve too bad that cheap place ( princess auto) had 12 volt work lights with a mr16 (bright) bulb for 15 bucks! so i got that in the truck too!

and no i am not afrade of the dark! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Nice lights! I've got a couple too.
    [​IMG]
    I've got rock lights underneath too. The only problem is that I'm always leading on the way out of a trail at night.

13. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    oh and steve too bad that cheap place ( princess auto) had 12 volt work lights with a mr16 (bright) bulb for 15 bucks! so i got that in the truck too!

[/ QUOTE ]

I have there catalog in my room. there is a bunch of little things I want in there... maybe next year when I drive to vancouver, I think there is one on the way /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

14. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [​IMG]
    I've got rock lights underneath too. The only problem is that I'm always leading on the way out of a trail at night.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice set up that only problem with that is tight trails i have a pic of a big tree stuck to my roof rack and torn out of the ground. i have to creat a whole new trail when i try do go down atv trails with my sub /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

15. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Someones got to keep the trails open /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

16. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome truck! How do you have your light bar wired into the cab.. im guessing just through the soft top right?