Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gotta love flippin on the tv to the news about terror

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Feb 11, 2003.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Every friggin news channel has a thermometer with the terror alert reading high.

It's a good thing, too. Why, just this morning I woke up wondering how much terror-screen I'd need, and Fox News conveniently displayed the terror index for me!

2. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Most media is barely a notch above Spam in my books...

They seem to be trying to induce panic which is counterproductive. Of course there should be extra vigilence right now, but the level of stupidity I see on the news has gotten out of hand!

Rene

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Well put! I've been confused on how to handle this, personally. If the alert is high, of course we should know and be aware, but do we need a sticky logo on the corner of the screen? It's not like it's changing every day and we might miss it when it does change.

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

has it gone down from high since sept 11??

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Yeah it's been at whatever the next lower level is for awhile.

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    has it gone down from high since sept 11??

[/ QUOTE ]
    Depends on where you've been.

On a sidenote, I heard a rumor on the radio yesterday. Said the govt. was thinking about dropping a nuke out in a desolate area outside Baghdad as a show of force. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Sweeet! Outside of Bahgdad as in, a certain presidential palace?

9. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Why, just this morning I woke up wondering how much terror-screen I'd need, and Fox News conveniently displayed the terror index for me!

[/ QUOTE ]
    It would be nice to see a
    [​IMG] Index.

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

On a sidenote, I heard a rumor on the radio yesterday. Said the govt. was thinking about dropping a nuke out in a desolate area outside Baghdad as a show of force.

[/ QUOTE ]

That kind of logic confuses the hell outta me...this thing is about "Weapons of Mass Destruction" and how Iraq is gonna use 'em, and that makes them Evil...but if we use 'em, it's a "show of force"??...WTF kinda thinkin' is that...maybe we should just drop one on N Korea so they'll know not to build one also...and then go drop one on each country in the UN that disagrees with our policy (whatever that is) just to show them what those weapons could do if they fall into the wrong hands...

seems that when other countries are fighting or throwing rocks at each other, we seem to be the first to try to get them to sit at a bargaining table and discuss something peaceful...But, when a Number of other countries council us in the same way, we blow them off and say we're gonna go in with 'em or without 'em no matter what...that sorta of arrogance works wonders to turn world opinion against us...and like it or not, we are "supposed" to be setting an example as a peaceful Nation...

and if they don't listen to reason, break the other arm...ain't that how the Mafia does it??

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

11. 45acpJr

45acpJr 1/2 ton status Premium Member

On a sidenote, I heard a rumor on the radio yesterday. Said the govt. was thinking about dropping a nuke out in a desolate area outside Baghdad as a show of force.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't it be easier and more effective to drop a couple of Marines out there? /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

We should just bomb the hell out of the place and claim it as the 51st state. A United States Outpost/Substation. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

13. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[/ QUOTE ]
    I'm gonna have to call BS on this one. If there was any truth to this one it would be all over the news. Probably just some radio station fawkin with people.

14. rogerwilco71

rogerwilco71 1/2 ton status

I Don't know about that, Pismo Dunes would lose a lot of business /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Iraq is gonna use 'em, and that makes them Evil...but if we use 'em, it's a "show of force"??...WTF kinda thinkin' is that...maybe we should just drop one on N Korea so they'll know not to build one also...

[/ QUOTE ]

Isnt it funny that we're the only country tha has used a nuke to target civilians, and we're saying who can and can't use them?

They seem to be trying to induce panic which is counterproductive. Of course there should be extra vigilence right now, but the level of stupidity I see on the news has gotten out of hand!

[/ QUOTE ]
    Damn straight.

16. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I don't care how high the terror level is at any given time. I'm still going to be wary of an attack. Within a 60 mile radius of me, I have Camp Lejune, Fort Bragg, and one of the biggest ports in NC, Wilmington. Three strikes, you're out...

17. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

how come the media can deliver the worst news in the world without even being nervous??no emotion nothing.They LOVE it thats why.evil bastards.I respect them as much as a ricer owner