Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gotta love the buttman angle!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by txbartman, Feb 12, 2003.

1. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

Since my rig isn't back on the road yet (hopefully next week), best I can do is take some neat pics in the driveway. But ya always gotta love the buttman angle!
    [​IMG]

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

The cinder block jackstands add a nice effect! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

That was the best way I could figure to support the back of the tranny while the tcase, adapter, and xmember are all out! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif That will be alleviated tonight! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Now that your rig is so tall, you need to visit Harbor Freight Tools. They have some really heavy duty jackstands that will go up to nearly 3 feet! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Yeah the HF big jacks stands are nice but the price isn't. But when ya need them.... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

6. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I like the winch selonid pack mounting Very clean /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

Thanks! I am QUITE proud of that. My fabrication skills are HIGHLY limited. I spend half a day doing that setup and am pleased with how it turned out.

8. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

You don't need the Buttman angle, that thing looks huge no matter how you look at it /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Looking good /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. 90K5Blazer

90K5Blazer Registered Member

That sure is a nice rig. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

10. UNCLE CRACKER

UNCLE CRACKER 1/2 ton status

That's one fine K5. are you still going to leave the flares on? I think the truck looks good with them /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

I'll go with the popular vote too, very nice /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Good 'ol Buttman. I wonder if he still lingers around on the site.

13. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

Looks good /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I used a tie down strap to hold up my tranny when I did my 205 install. How tall is that thing anyway? I like the roof rack I've been thinking about getting one myself
    Good job /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Eric

14. K05Aggie

K05Aggie 1/2 ton status

The Jimmy looks good. It's inspiring for someone aspiring to have a truck that looks as good as yours.
    Last week while pulling the transfer case I found out the hard way that you need a something to hold up the back of the tranny.

15. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

The flares depart my rigs company next week. I agree they compliment it nicely, especially considering the wheels and paint scheme, but my choice is to either lift it probably another 2-4" to clear the new shoes or trim the fenders more. It is tall enough as is, so the flares go and more trimming will be required.

It's nice to be able to run big meats without too much suspension lift.

16. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

Right now it stands about 10' tall. That is a six foot fence beside it! I have been pleased with the rack, but it, too, will be leaving the vehicle soon. I am going with a soft top and that rack will not accomodate. Once I finish with the 1-ton conversion project (next 2 weeks), I will get my new website up-to-date which will include a write-up on the rack and light installation.

17. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

That truck is AWESOME!! I lust nightly after your front bumper. What does one have to do to aquire one like it? It gives me hope for my Jimmy.
    Again, nice ride!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

your taking off the rack eh? I wonder who could use that hint hint /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    I'll get those pic's for you today seeing as I'm off due to lack of work /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif But that means I can run down to TSM and get my brakeline for the rear Disk Brake setup. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Later Eric

19. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the kudos, but it just looks okay now. It will look awesome once I can move it OUT OF THE DRIVEWAY!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Anyway, I get lots of questions about my bumper. It is a Smittybilt one that I got almost 10 years ago now. They haven't made them for years. I also have a matching rear one. In about a month or so, I will be doing a big re-work on my personal website. I have had enough questions about it that I will have lots of close-up pics of the front and the rear so that someone could try to fab one if they wanted.