Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gotta love thieves

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fordeater, Sep 9, 2004.

1. fordeater

fordeater 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Well, my wife's Honda Accord got broken into for the 2nd time this year. This time they got away with my pioneer cd player, and my car phone charger, plus the dumb ass totally [censored] up my console around the cd player. So now i gotta pull the cd player out of my blazer to put in the accord so my wife will have tunes, no tunes for me, but oh well. I also gotta go buy a new connecter to plug into the factory plug, plus buy the mounting kit for the cd player cause the dumb ass cut it up bad. So, it wasn't a very good day. The worst part is that the car was parked in a hospital parking garage while my wife was at work. So much for the hospital security. I'm going to go have a talk with them tomorrow, probably won't do any good, but oh well, worth a shot.

2. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Ok Im lost on this one. Why pull the stereo out of Your Blazer to put in Her car? Why not turn it in to Your insurance?

3. fordeater

I have a $500 deductible. So, it wouldn't be worth it. We battled this same issue about 6 months ago when the car got broken into last, except that time, they stole my subs, box, and amp totalling about $600, so i would have ended up paying $500 which wasn't worth it at the time. I planned on just waiting till i had more money to build a nicer system. Now my plans are: ALARM

4. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Ok Got Ya.
    There has been times when I wanted a killer "system" but the thought of some tweaker thrashing my truck to get it out always made Me think other wise. Not to mention Im in My mid 30's and Im just not that hip anymore /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

5. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

nothin wrong to jammin out to AC/DC and Led Zepplin i do it all the time

6. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Ok Got Ya.
    There has been times when I wanted a killer "system" but the thought of some tweaker thrashing my truck to get it out always made Me think other wise. Not to mention Im in My mid 30's and Im just not that hip anymore /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear that... to me, a factory system IS a killer system.

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

7. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

probably some Damn Crackhead who will trade it for dope. Get one of those types with the removable face plates for your next Stereo.

8. mudjunkie 82

[ QUOTE ]
    nothin wrong to jammin out to AC/DC and Led Zepplin i do it all the time

[/ QUOTE ] Damn right. I'am 41 and always jam my tunes. I have 1400 watts in my home stereo and like to listen to Floyd or Sabbath Cranked /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. fordeater

Well, we called the security at the hospital today, and it turns out that they caught the guy who stole my stereo. He had stolen several others and had gotten caught. So, he is behind bars, and we will be pressing charges. Hopefully the cops have my stereo, and hopefully it doesn't take too long for me to get it back. Hats off to the cops on this one. Shows some cops actually do protect and serve.

10. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

But making this guy pay for messing up your stuff isn't going to happen, thats what sucks, atleast they caught him... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

11. mudjunkie 82

That is cool they caught the guy. the bad part is he will go to Court and some D.A will offer hin a plea bargin to get rid of the case and the JackAss will be out doing it Again!!!!!!!!

12. fordeater

Gotta love the system!

13. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I never lock my car... But it doesnt look like much and I never keep anything in it that is worth stealing. However one day I stopped at the local library on my way to the laundry mat. Had all of my clothes (at least everything decent I like to wear) in a duffel bag on the front seat floor. Some idiot decided he wanted some dirty clothes and I barely noticed it was missing before leaving the parking lot. Luckily I found the bag and all my clothes across the street in between a couple mobile offices. Hope the ****er had fun digging thru my dirty underwear to find nothing in there /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif