Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gotta sell it

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by JDBlazer454, Sep 18, 2003.

1. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

I didn't want to do it but being short of money and space I gotta part with my 3/4 ton running gear I was going to save for a future project /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Look here!!!

2. JDBlazer454

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

just out of curiosity, what'd ya get for the body on ur rig? just wonderin what I can get when/if I do the s-10 cab swap. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

4. JDBlazer454

I gave the body and frame to a neighbor who is a hulk hauler/scrap metal recycler, he cuts it up and gets money for it. He will probably get about $60-80 for it. The body was so rusty and shot it wasn't worth trying to sell. I did do a trade with a friend for the box which happenned to be good so I ended up with his dented rusted out bed.

Doing an s-10 body swap, cool /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif If the current body on yours is still good probably get some okay money for it.

5. jekbrown

yeah, i dont really have rust issues... few superficial spots here and there but otherwise good. pretty much have to go to a real wheeler though... fenders are trimmed and the interior is herculined. I dunno, might just part it, I see peeps selling tops, powered tailgates, doors, etc etc for some pretty good money sometimes... might be best to part everything.

once i got my own pad set up, Im gonna get a s-10 (prolly just the cab and hood) then spend a few years building it how I want it (tube/aluminum dash, lots of lockable storage, plenty of guages, line-Xed inside/out, custom seat mounting, good sound proofing, removable doors, relocated battery, routing for the snorkel intake etc). Once that part is ready to go, I'll see if I cant swap bodies relatively quickly from there. Then the exo cage goes on and Im ready to rock. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I cant wait to see how well my mild 350 can turn 39.5s once i have 5.13 gears and about a ton less sheetmetal. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif oughta be a hell of a project... but the cool thing about it is I'll prolly get the cab itself for $100 or so, so its not like i have to break the bank just getting the project started. As $ comes in.. get new goodies. repeat until ready for TTC. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

j

6. JDBlazer454

Your lucky no rust, the cab on this one you can see daylight through and poke holes through at random /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Its all in finding the right buyer at the right time.

Sounds like an awesome project and very well thought out. 39.5's and 5.13's are a pretty stout combo (what I had on my 75 right towards the end with the bb) and it didn't rev too hard but had tons of power. Would be a good set up for TTC /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. jekbrown

yeah I hope it works out... i know what I want the truck to do, and I have the time to design it just how I want it. I really want to spend a lot of time getting the interior juuust right. Sounds dumb, but in my rig right now, I can barely shift my tranny and I cant shift my tcase when Im in my harness. Some of my guages I cant see very well when I have my hands on the wheel. That kinda thing is just silly... its not designed very well and as a designer that bugs me. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Its ok for now cause I didnt really design my current interior so much as I just modded what I already had. Well, with the s-10 everything is gonna be custom so it oughta work out pretty good. I'd love to have it TTC-ready in about 5 years... that'd gimme time to get the $ for bigger new tires, the full exo, maybe an atlas etc.

j

8. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Some of my guages I cant see very well when I have my hands on the wheel. That kinda thing is just silly... its not designed very well and as a designer that bugs me. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel the same way, since installing a factory tach in my '79 I cannot see the fuel guage withou leaning over to get around the steering wheel. Really bugs me. Need to get the second tank hooked up so it I always have extra fuel (rather than strapping a 5 gallon can to the side of my tool box like I have been doing)...