Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

gov-bomb woes

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by thezentree, Jan 10, 2005.

1. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

my 10 bolt rear gov-bomb keeps locking up solid in sharp left turns on dry pavement and it's really starting to piss me off. anyway, is there anything i can do to that POS so it'll quit that crap? the gear lube hasn't been changed in who knows how long, yall think it's worth smelling gear oil to change it?

(secretly i hope that it grenedes so i have an excuse to swap in a 14 bolt :rotfl: )

2. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

Changing the fluid and adding the gear lube additive should help it. I would try and blow it up and swap in a 14 bolt:xmas:

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Its going to blow up , mine was just like a locker , worked great on trail ........then BOOOOOM :D

4. k5floyd

k5floyd 1/2 ton status

yeah, its about to go out. if it going out anyway you might as well try to help it along and have fun blowing it up in the process. repeated power braking should do it:D

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I believe if you break the centrifugal weight (flyweight IIRC) that will solve your problem.

Way back when I was brand new to these trucks, mine was staying locked up as well, buddy got in there, pried on the flyweight, broke it, and never had it lock up around corners again.