Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gov Liquidation 1st timer getting ready to Bid.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by juanblzer, May 4, 2006.

1. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

any tricks or hints to successful bidding on parts (maybe vehicles)? Comments welcome.:D

2. Rob 85K5

Rob 85K5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Wait til the last couple hours and then use the autobid function.

3. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

do they ship or do you have to pick it up?

4. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

You have to pick it up. They give you a time window, about 7 days from the end of the auction IIRC. Double-check the specifics of the auction you're bidding on to be certain. If you don't get it off the premises by then, it's not yours anymore. Bring EVERYTHING you'll need to load and secure the item; if there's anyone there, they won't (and aren't allowed to) help you.

5. merace19

merace19 1/2 ton status

I have won a bunch of trucks and other stuff on there. The trick i use is Look at every auction. The people putting the stuff on there sometimes have no clue what it is or how its used. I got a generator and a canoe one time listed only as rec equipment with no picture for the 35 buck minumum bid. Gov Liq likes to lift the trucks with a damn fork lift and screw up the drive shafts and break the transmission in half ( ask me how i know) so look them over very well. Also if they let you get your stuff without watching like 99% of them do and there happens to be a part on another truck yours need then people just take them. The pictures of my truck showed it had a radiator and altenators when i got there to get it they were gone. so get there 1st. Extra shackles come in handy;). Also bid at the last second that way the bid stays low and does not show interest in it. If i see a item with 2 days to go and its already high I asume its good.

6. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

If you bid and win, you pay. Period.

7. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

How does the shipping work? The auctions have the little semi truck at the bottom that says "get a shipping quote". My question is, if I go through that and contact there freight company, will they pick my items up at the base? I just pay the total and the shipping company takes care of it from there right?

8. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have had to pick my own stuff up within 7 days, only on a week day, after letting them know when I would be there, making sure that there were no firearms/ammo in the truck, with no help......