Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Government Liquidation

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by RustBuket, Nov 24, 2004.

1. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

I just discovered this site and was wondering what some people thought of it. I'm looking to get a one of the 1.25 ton trucks for the axles. Anything to watch out for on this site? Anyone have experience? /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

dood what site would that be???? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

3. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

I have bought a few things from there. I also have the privelage of knowing when things are going up before hand and i can just drive down the street and check the stuff out first. Only for the DRMO in my area though.
    My buddy just bought 5 M1008's a few months ago, and an M1009 before that.

4. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

Was he happy with them??

Here is the link .

5. merace19

merace19 1/2 ton status

Just remember that the bid price does not include the gov charge of 10 percent. Andf then you have to deal with getting it off a military base. That can be a big pain in the ass due to the terrorist stuff. I have bought a lot of stuff on there and most of the time its just at the value that makes it not worth the hassle. But sometimes you do get a bargin. I have a custom search set up to find those 1.25 tin trucks and i wqatch them like a hawk, so dont expect to get a screaming deal on one casue i will travel 5 to 600 miles just to pick them up.

6. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Was he happy with them??

Here is the link .

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah he was happy. He knew what he was getting though as he and his father went and looked them over beforehand. Most of them were pretty stripped but he has some good parts.
    He also got a 14ff for $135 to go in his blazer.

I bought a lot of 1/4 x 20 grade 5 bolts for $55. Total was somewhere in hte neighborhood of 12,000 bolts and nuts. I will never use them all but i could not pass up the deal.

7. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

One time I had 2 bids going on incomplete basket case K30 trucks.All I wanted was the axles.The bids sat at around $300 for each of them for 3 weeks.Nobody started realy bidding til the last couple hours of the auctions.It was funny all these people came outa nowhere and started bidding.They both went for around $1600 or so each.A little more than I wanted to pay /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

yeh i been watchin govliq, I was all happy, couple weeks ago, I was high bidder w/ 15mins to go, then some nut w/ 2500 bucks came outta the woodwork. Well, needless to say, im still hunting.

9. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

I keep having the same problems too. Some people are paying way too much $$$$$ for residue vehicles.

10. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I keep having the same problems too. Some people are paying way too much $$$$$ for residue vehicles.

[/ QUOTE ]

you gotta pay to play /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. xanthias

xanthias 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

On of the offroad rags (Four Wheeler?) has been running a buildup article using a 1008 they got off of govt liquidation and ever since then, it's not a very well-kept secret and prices have become inflated.

I've seen people pay $5k for 1009's (Blazers) with 10b axles and in very rough shape. It's nuts. Also, if there is something you really want, you'll basically have to use their bidding wizard to keep ahead because people bid it up at the last minute before closing. AND, gov liquidation will extend a closing time if bidding is hot...

12. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

Ya for the past few months it has been crazy. A year ago you could get a "rolling residue" for $400-$600. Now I see people are paying $2K for some those rusted out rides. Also don't they extend the bidding process for 15 min when someone bids at the last minute?

13. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

They do keep extending the bidding for 15 mins at a time as long as somebody is bidding. Not like eBay, the Govt gets max $. I bought a m105 (1 1/4 ton tralier) to use as a camping trailer and the auction/pick up was very smooth. Only paid around $200 and it is bullet proof, covered and has 19" of clearance under the axle.

14. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

Alright, Excellent info guys. I'll keep my eyes peeled.