Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Govmt. Is after Yer Guns AGAIN

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Depdog, Sep 1, 2000.

1. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

HERE THEY COME !!!!!

Please forgive the intrusion, but this is very important and it needs to be
    acted upon immediately! You will understand after you have taken a few
    minutes to have a look....

There is a bill in the Senate right now Bill Number: SB-2099 Go look it up,
    We did.
    Go to http://www.senate.gov/search/index.html, enter in the bill 'SB-2099'
    and validate for yourself.

The government wants to make you register your guns on your next 1040 tax
    form and pay a $50 tax for each gun. Plus they want to give authority to
    different agencies to enforce this which will mean that you will probably
    have someone either knocking at your door or just breaking in period!

This is a terrible infringement on our rights and laws as an American
    citizen. While your at the senate site look up the name of your Senator and
    send him the most scalding email you can think of. Tell him your going to
    influence 1500 votes against him if he allows this bill to pass. (They say
    that is how many each one of us influence).

Again, sorry to inconvenience you and thank you for your patience and any
    action in this matter!

This was forwarded to me by a friend.
    Depdog

<font color=blue>"Lead, Follow, or BECOME the Trail"</font color=blue>

http://depdogsk5.coloradok5.com

2. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

Dep,
    I can't even believe this! But with the ignorance of many Americans towards firearms, it doesn't surprise me. Yeah, let's see them tax, register, or take my guns!!! I hope Bush (crossing my fingers) puts an end to this type of stuff!
    talldogg
    One Winchester Defender 12ga, 8 round and one Bushmaster AR-15, yeah baby, yeah!!!

3. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I say we shoot 'em all.
    Just kidding.

For the record, I'm going to keep my 12-guage no matter what anyone says.
    -- Mike

4. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

I will let my Senator know, altough I am sure my NRA membership money is currently being used to wine-n-dine him, lol.

Remember, the West wasn't won with a registered gun!

5. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

Depdog - no apology necessary. I've been following this for several months now and it worries the hell out of me.

One suggestion though - do not email your representitives. Send them a LETTER - and preferably HAND WRITTEN! (make sure they can read your chicken scratch - that's why I use a PC). Phone calls and faxes work tremendously well, also. A personal letter and phone call follow-up gets representitives attention real fast. Be polite and unemotional. Above all - state FACTS - not rumors and innuendo. Tell them that ANY legislation that weakens or erodes the Second Amendment is NOT TOLERABLE AND THAT THIS IS NOT NEGOTIABLE. PERIOD. Let them know that you are a single issue voter when it comes to gun owner rights and that you will strongly encourage (and influence) everyone you know in voting the same way come November. Then follow through.

I encourage everyone on this list who isn't registered to vote to go out and do it now! Then vote on November 7. If you don't do it for yourself, do it for your kids and grandkids. (mine, too)

OK - I'll get off my soapbox now.

behemoth K5

6. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

PS - go out and join the NRA if you haven't already done so!

behemoth K5

7. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

Welcome to our world! Up here in Canada, the federal government has intoduced gun laws that make it a criminal offense not to have all guns registered by Dec 31/2000. $10 for possession-only liscence and $80 (I think) for a concealed weapon registration! That way, crimes can only be commited with registered guns, I guess!! [​IMG][​IMG] It's really just a B.S. money-grab!

Brian
    89KBlazer

8. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

Brian89,
    $80 for concealed weapon permit!!! No freakin way!! You can't even get one here (California). You have to have some super special reason to need one, so they're practically impossible to obtain. Here's the bottom-line. There's already 1,000's of gun laws in the books, but we still have violent crime. So how do more laws solve the problem? They don't. People react to violence by shouting out "more laws, more laws" but that never solves anything. One example, in Mexico guns are COMPLETELY illegal, even ammo. But yet it's estimated that in the city of Tijuana 75% of households have firearms, shoot-outs (real shoot-outs between drug trafficers using AK's and AR's) are almost a weekly occurance and just a couple of months ago the police CHIEF was gunned down in a Sunday morning ambush. The people of the city fear going out in public, all this in a country were the strictest gun laws are enforced.
    I'm an educated, responsible gun owner, but they'll never get my firearms, I'll go bury them in the dessert if they ever came around looking for them!

9. det45

det45 1/2 ton status

Everyone listen very carefully, The only way we are going to get rid of the anti-gun / anti-freedom elected officials is to VOTE them out. Register NOW NOW NOW and VOTE VOTE VOTE this Nov 7th. You can't vote unless you register and it's not too late if you act now. You can register at the courthouse or post office. Vote for Gov Bush and only Gov Bush if you want to keep you're guns. Enough is Enough with these democrates! Do not throw away your vote for anyone else in protest or whatever. Just vote for Gov Bush this Nov 7th and let's get rid of these anti-freedom democrates once and for all. If the democrates stay in office YOU WILL LOSE YOU'RE GUNS, if not your generation, your kids for sure. Once they get our guns whats going to stop them from taking away the rest of your freedoms? VOTE FOR GOV BUSH NO MATTER WHAT!..............Det45

10. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I just heard about this this morning over the radio. I think it's absurd![​IMG] If they want my guns they will have to take a bullet on their way in! Here you only have to be 18(or have a fake ID) and pay 15-30 bucks and you got a license(revolver or pistol). There's not even a shooting test, but there is a written one, though.

[​IMG] Sept 1

11. Canuck

Canuck 1/2 ton status

Yea, I know how you all feel. Brian is right, we HAVE to register our guns, and I think the American Goverment sees what a good tax grab it is against Canadians, and wants to jump on board.
    Think about it. Do you really think the lowlifes that are committing these firearm crimes are using their registered guns? HELLLLO! They are either imported from the US or stolen from a break and enter. Everythings filed off anyway. It is a stab in the back for a legitimate gun owner.
    You could probably tell this pi$$es me off.
    Good Luch In Your Fight. We Lost Ours!!!

BTW... It was recently in the news that the millions of dollars spent on the promoting of the gun registering by the Canadaian Government was a huge flop. There is so far, a less then anticipated registration. Go figure EH!!

Canuck

Go Wide or Stay @ Home

12. Steve_87K5

Steve_87K5 1/2 ton status

Amen to all the above. Another thing that can be done is: go to the Gov. Bush website and send him $25 $50 whatever. The Dems are paying for their propaganda ads with millions of Commie Chinese money!

SteveB

13. JimmyDie6.2

JimmyDie6.2 1/2 ton status

I've written in these forums on the subject of guns before. So I don't intend to sound redundant, but i'll say it again, the government will never ever take my guns while I'm still alive. Instead of hiding or burying mine, I'll use them against a repressive government. All of my liberties and those liberties of my fellow Americans are too important to aquiesce to an overbearing federal gov. And I'm in New York. not a really free state like most others. Vote if you take your liberties seriously. Empathy is our worst enemy.

14. 78Blazer

78Blazer 1/2 ton status

Also by taking the law abiding citizens guns it does not help the criminals will still have guns and us law abiding citizens will have nothing to fight back with. But that is what are government wants. Everyday they take more and more of our freedoms away......

Scott
    78blazer

15. slodawg

slodawg 1/2 ton status

<font color=red>WHEN GUNS ARE OUTLAWED, ONLY OUTLAWS WILL HAVE GUNS.</font color=red>
    Hey ya'll weve got to stop this. Register,go vote, we can make a difference. Just think, if half the people on this site could talk to a few people they know then they talked to a few people, imagine the number of people we could have on our side. Vote BUSH remember its still We the people, right?

P.S. they'll get my gun when they pry it from my cold dead hand!!!

<font color=blue>SLODAWG</font color=blue>
    http://www.slodawg.coloradok5.com

16. Nomorerust

Nomorerust Registered Member

Join the NRA, NOW!!!!

17. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

First your guns then your K5!
    Register to vote!
    Get a firend to go with you!
    Keep our land open and free!

[​IMG]
    Get Out and VOTE!

18. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple>Remember, guns don't kill people, bullets kill people.....the gun just makes the bullet go real fast.</font color=purple>

<font color=purple>L8r,

.Riz.<font color=purple>

19. bosifus

bosifus Registered Member

Guns now then freedom of speach and after that it's search and siezure laws and then who knows? I wonder just what the hell is going on in this country when issues like this are being tossed around in the shadows snuck into legislation behind our back? We have to be vigillant and watch out for these freakin commies or we are in real trouble. Seeing Bush 10 points behind Gore in the polls is very disheartening when our rights are this close to going up in smoke. Vote Vote Vote and get everyone you know to Vote and then get some more, then give time money or whatever we can to groups that will make a difference. God I hope we don't lose this Nov. or we are all in for a world of hurt. Sorry to be so dreary but I never underestimate the enemy.

20. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

Another reason I don't want Gore to win is because his old lady will have more power with her censorship gang....you know the ones....the PMRC. Oh,.....we're not going against the freedom of speach...um...er ...we just want to tell you what music you can and can't listen to...yeah...um...that's it. She pi$$e$ me off !

<font color=purple>L8r,

.Riz.<font color=purple>