Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

GPS information site i am working on

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by DUKE, Apr 1, 2003.

1. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

I am building this animation for my county search and rescue. This is for the introduction to GPS, and is in the 1st prototype stage for development. I thought i would let you all preveiw it. It needs work and spell checking, and dosent always work as i am making it on the go but you can check it out anyway. this is also geared to the garmin gps 12 receiver, as that is what our county uses.

http://www.renegadestock.com/duke/gps.html
    how gps work

2. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

<font color="purple"> that's pretty sweet ! i like the idea of being able to have something explained in english for once instead of fumbling with directions. im looking to buy a GPS system soon and once i take the time to really read this page hopefully i'll have a better understanding od what i want and need /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif</font>

3. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

The flash killed me. I cant even load the page, maybe you could also make a .txt file for us slow 56k'ers ?

4. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

oh man its only 355k
    i can help you, junk that 56k and go for cable baby!

a text file would be a good idea, and i will do that. thanks for the input /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

I tried it on my 56k connection and it loaded ok. Took a little while but I've seen much worse.

Your presentation looks pretty good so far. I did notice on one page the lettering was a bit garbled. I think it was the page showing arrows to different areas of the display.

Does you're search and rescue units use APRS by chance? If not, you should look into it.

6. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

I had cable, Till it went up $15 in the matter of two months. That greedy bastard Ted Turner needs a beating lol /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I cant get DSL out here in the country, so I'm stuck with dialup.

7. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

8. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

That wont work either. Wireless connections have HIGH packet loss. I would be better off with 56k lol