Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

GPS is pimplicious!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by zakk, Jul 17, 2003.

1. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

Got my newest toy today: GPS!

my computer rests at

N: 37*12.670
    W: 121* 51.1289

267 ft. above sea level

i averaged .4 MPH wandering around the neightborhood with my compass.

Rita hit a top speed of 55.1MPH on the way home from the muffler shop, and averaged 24.3 MPH

this is going to be soooo much fun. i'm going to get the average speed of my commute tomorrow!

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

some day ill get one lol

3. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]

my computer rests at

267 ft. above sea level

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks.....I'll program my thermonuclear weapons accordingly! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Okay, that's all nice and stuff......But give us the details man, which one did ya get? How much? Can someone get it in chrome? What about flashing LEDs?

Details man, details....... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Okay, that's all nice and stuff......But give us the details man, which one did ya get? How much? Can someone get it in chrome? What about flashing LEDs?

Details man, details....... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

the one with nekkid wimmen chrome cut outs on the mud flaps with curb feelers on all four conors /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

honestly, i dunno /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif i got it, ripped open the box and started plotting my movements!

Greg- unless you have made a recent trip to North Korea and came back with a lead suitcase, I'll sleep well tonight!

6. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

got a Garmin eTrex Venture

its got one of those pimpy MPH things that it can track with the satelites, so i'll finally be able to tell how fast i'm going! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

7. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    Rita hit a top speed of 55.1MPH on the way home from the muffler shop, and averaged 24.3 MPH

[/ QUOTE ]
    two questions
    What was the speed limit?
    and
    What the hell are mufflers for?

8. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    .....i'll finally be able to tell how fast i'm going! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

was it cheaper than a speedo cable? hee hee hee eeee /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

1) 45

2) to keep the cops from pulling me over for loud exhaust and finding 17 other reasons to ticket me.

10. mudhog

[ QUOTE ]
    What the hell are mufflers for?

[/ QUOTE ]
    to keep the cops from pulling you over all the damn time /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    .....i'll finally be able to tell how fast i'm going! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

was it cheaper than a speedo cable? hee hee hee eeee /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

no, but it is much more pimpy!

12. mudhog

[ QUOTE ]
    1) 45

2) to keep the cops from pulling me over for loud exhaust and finding 17 other reasons to ticket me.

[/ QUOTE ]
    lmao we both posted about the cops at the same time /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    1) 45

[/ QUOTE ]
    lmao we both posted about the cops at the same time /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

demented minds think alike? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

14. mudhog

very true /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif so is that a good thing or a bad thing /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. BowtieRed

ahh. . . north carolina, been driving no mufflers for about 3 months now- actually i pulled up near jiffy lube one time, and like always they asked me to rev my engine, so i do, and as the other lane goes, i see there was a cop, with his window down directly beside me (couldn't see. . . too high /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif ) he just smiled and traveled on his way. no lift laws neither. LOVE IT!

16. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

yeah, but how far is Moab? Rubicon? Johnson Valley?

/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

17. BowtieRed

way too far. but for you. . . how far is tellico? or any gumbo mud? i work with what i have /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

not like i have a choice. i have a feelin if i moved to california, my parents would haev me on america's most wanted within hours. of course. . .i guess 16 is probably too young to move to cali by myself. . . /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

18. BEHJR

BEHJR 1/2 ton status

Don't teach Rita how to use it ---- she can tell where you have been.

Make sure you get the location of that tree she wrestles with and make it a way point. Easier to find.

C.

19. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

my computer rests at

267 ft. above sea level

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks.....I'll program my thermonuclear weapons accordingly! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Doh, I already DID! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Zakk, I have used GPS for several years now (so get into the 90's will ya?) and I will say, you will definately like having it. On milder trails, I carry my Laptop with Delorme Topo USA and map the trails. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Fun aint they.

If you want to go play with some nerds www.geocashing.com I'm thinking about doing some of that. It's Hi Tech Hide and seak.

What GPS did you buy? I have the Garmin GPS V and I love it!
    Speedo in the Burb is 4mph slow (but the odometer is acurate /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif) and dollar is 6 mph slow. POS Honda is dead on LOL.
    Went to my buddines. 12 miles and it took 37 minutes with 8 minutes being stopped at traffic lights /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif LOL