Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Grand County

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by justhorsinaround, Jan 22, 2006.

1. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

So Grand County (Moab) has decided that it can't support search and rescue any more. Makes perfect sense as the population of the entire county is something like 7500 people.

Now they're charging for the service. Sounds like a good idea to me. Here in Phoenix it's been going on for years. If you do something stupid like drive around a road floaded sign and need to be rescued you get charged for the service. As a matter of fact, it's called the Stupid Motorist law.

So on the news this evening, this self righteous, pompous, self serving, p***k has the almighty gall to say that he thinks he was charged to much to save his life when he got lost in his Jeep and was reported missing. Here's the kicker.

The amount charged was 650 dollars for five guys on quads and (I think) in trucks to go out and keep him from dying.

What made me really mad was they showed a picture of him in front of his Jeep and I bet he had 15 grand in aftermarket goodies.

Do you think I'm out of line or do you as well think the jerk should be shot?

2. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

They should put him back where they found him.

3. justhorsinaround

And take his Jeep in payment for the trouble.

4. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

He thinks $650 for a search and rescue operation is absurd? Does this guy have any idea what an ambulance ride or a helicopter flight costs?

5. hunterguy86

hunterguy86 1/2 ton status

Yeah they do that here in Texas. I think that the dude needs to sell his jeep, pay the ticket and buy himself a ticket to brokeback mountain

6. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

]

Thats a good one
    Not the movie

7. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

I think that you are right on with the Jeep moron, but doesn't Grand County make enough per year on tourism to support a Search and Rescue Team? I guess it costs more then I think.

8. hunterguy86

What is the price of life? I can see not charging someone for getting lost by accident. However, when someone does something stupid, such as drive arround a posted baracade, which are put up for a reason, I feel no sympathy for them. I feel for the fireman and rescue people who have to put their lives in danger beacuse someone was a dumbass.

9. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Ever seen a hospital bill?

10. hunterguy86

Good point.

11. justhorsinaround

I don't know about the tourism dollars or what not as I've never been there and don't know how the monies for search and rescue are allocated. It was the fact that this idgit got lost (wheeling alone?:screwy: ) and then was mad that he was charged when they found him and led him back out.

If'n I was lost and cold and hungry and probably thirsty you bet your bippy I'd gladly pay whatever they charged.