Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Grand Junction, CO ???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mussy01, Feb 26, 2003.

1. mussy01

mussy01 Newbie

Hey everyone,
    First post and unfortunately it's not related to K5's, probably because I do not own one as of yet.
    My question is to those in the Grand Junction, CO area.
    I currently work for a residential home builder in St. Louis, MO and the midwest has been a part of my life for way too long. My wife and I are wanting to get up and head out west and I'm just wondering if anyone knows or works for any home builders/construction companies in the area? Kind of a long shot but it couldn't hurt to ask I guess.
    Oh yeah, the plans are to pick up a mid 80s K5 when we get settled out in the "wild" west.
    Thanks to all.

2. trouble1

trouble1 1/2 ton status

I wish you all the best...but good luck. I came to Colorado from the south east coast where I had owned a residential remod / historic renovations business for 15 years or so. I have my masters plumbers, master electricians, G.C. licenses in 4 states, contractors liability Insurance, and a plethera of other licenses and etc...Just said to show I am qualified. Talked to prolly 150 contractors throughout the state...almost every one offered me a position, but all said at the time they are only starting at under $12.00 an hour. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif I know alot of very qualified ppl here in CO that cant find jobs, or can only find low paying jobs. Id make sure you've got a decent job B-4 coming this way. Now on a good note, its prolly some of the most beautiful places to live. If you enjoy outdoors stuff, you could never run out of things to do....and the trails.....what can I say... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif The ppl for the most part are great...much different than I'm used to....ppl here are willing to help when they can, and terribly friendly...So, good luck.

3. mussy01

mussy01 Newbie

Well I appreciate the perspective. Well my wife and I just got married last November and we are both 22, soon to be 23. We've both been in the midwest our whole lives and it's starting to get to us a little. It's definately time for a change of location but I guess you acknowledged the whole problem of picking up and finding the decent job. Well, I plan on continuing the search throughout the year and if I see an opportunity I'm going to jump at it.
    Good luck to yourself and thanks for the response.