Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Grand Theft Auto - San Andreas

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by four_by_ken, Nov 16, 2004.

1. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

Anybody else playing it yet?

I am not much of a PS2 person at all, but this game is funny as hell. I am pretty hooked.

2. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

yeah i got it, its fun. Its harder than the first two though.

3. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

yep i am hooked too, i am trying to find where the damn donut shop is that i meet the cops at /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

hehe, im still trying to finish teh damn missions that are in the nieghborhood you start off in. Im at the one that I rob the army depot, I was at the safehouse but ran over one of those boxes that you drop and done blowed up the guy in the back of the van. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I gave up on GTAIII, it was to hard, now it's just a dust collector...

6. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

to hard?? man you must suck at video games /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    jk /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Never in my life have I owned a video game thingy, just games for the computer. And I put maybe hours of effort into trying to complete that game. But i got to mad and frustrated so I thought it wasn't worth it if it's just making me mad.

8. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

Well, my wife got me this for Christmas.. I'm having a blast with this game. That is one freaking huge map.. and I thought Vice city was a big map.

Anyone gotten the big Ford monster truck yet? (you get it for winning the race at teh dome near the grove street house) I love driving over cars & stuff with that sucker. Too bad it's not a Chevy :frown1: . I also love that little rail buggy over in the other city (SF) that's parked near the beach, called a "bandito" .. (or something like that) that sucker has some good suspension.

So far I have all the lower area of the map unlocked. I'm doing the missions over in San Fiero, or whatever it's called. LOL, I have over 400 million bucks from betting on the horse racing... quick way to make a little "mad money" :grin: .

9. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

where can u bet on horse racing? i've been playing this game for a month or so, and i've got the whole map unlocked, but i've never seen anything for horse racing.

10. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

the game is fun....quite annoying at times i must admit...tonight (now actually) unlocked the last section of the map. The monster truck is actually parked in a trailer park outside san fierro...so it IS available if you don't complete that mission someone said. (i've only been able to complete 1 of the driving/race missions out of 5??) I went to the San Andres airport and stole a plane (jet is best cuz it doesn't loose altitude as fast)....it takes frigin forever, but you will get your pilot licence...my recommendation-don't fly over town! fighter pilots will shoot you down!! Just fly south....35 mins or so...I have a link to a FAQ website if your interested...PM me if u want it. (I didn't buy the $15 book...)

11. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

off track betting....look at the map that came with the game, its downtown. Buy the closest property to the facility...bet as much as possible on the worst pony (lose, reload!) I bet 600K and 12:1 over 6 million....it just takes awhile..I haven't worried about$$ since, one less worry and getting thru the freakin missions is stressful enuff w/o worryin about $.

12. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

The horse racing is under the big clover leaf in downtown Los Santos. look at the map that is on the back of the poster-map that came with the game. I believe that it shows it there and w/ the icon, in the icon legend at the bottom of the map.

If it does not, it will be hard to explain. When you look at los santos, there is a large clover leaf, if you look closely, you can see 2 streets that pass under the clover on the south side of the clover. The upper, more northern street of the 2 is where you will fine the horse track place, right under the northbound highway. It is right across from a parking area. It just looks like a regular building, as the horse races are a video game betting deal. You can bet a max of 999995 per race if you have the cash. Bet on the 11/1 odds, and if you loose, reload and try again. To bet a lot, keep clicking the 5000 dollar amount.

Yeah, most of the cars can be found in some location somewhere. I completed both of the stadium events, and both of the races that are missions.

13. 82diesel

82diesel 1/2 ton status

4 stadium events total

There are three monsters, the ford for winning the 8-track race, the one in the trailer park(s10 or new f150) and the one you get from Michelle

14. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

thanks for the tip. i've never worried about money , i just use a cheat.
    the same code for vice city that gives you body armor gives you body armor plus $250k. im always refilling the armor so the money just keeps rolling in

15. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

Well, I just finished the story line missions last week. I have about 100 hours into it. I like the harrier jet, that thing is fun. I also got gold on all the flight training missions, so I have an attack chopper at the airfield now.

Horse Racing, you actually rob one of the betting houses in the Catalina missions. That's how I found the first one. And it's not too far from a save point. bet load repeat until you win.

The Monster truck is in a trailer park just south of the freeway intersection as you enter the second island.

I still have not done any two player missions.

16. 82diesel

82diesel 1/2 ton status

dogfighting or shooting down helos with the harrier is fun