Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Grandfather's Mountain trip today!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dontoe, Oct 17, 2005.

1. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

We were hoping the autumn colors would be more pronounced, but still a beautiful warm autumn day!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. AZPiNsTrIpEd

AZPiNsTrIpEd 1/2 ton status

Wow that looks like some nice scenery, I'd have to drive quite a bit to see some trees like that!

3. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

:doah: :doah: why must you tear my heart apart like that!!!!!! I love that part of the country and havn't been in several years. makes me wish I had of went there instead Myrtle Beach :( .

4. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Next couple of weeks will be the best there, we were a bit, "premature"!!! :doah:

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Where??

Is that "Clingman's Dome"??--I've seen pictures of that,looks like where you went!..

We had some boulders like the one near your K5 in my hometown of Fitchburg MA..one is right in the town common, about that size--its called the "Rollstone Boulder"..came from nearby Rollstone hill..had a lot of cliffs there too,but only about 1500 ft high..nothing like MT.Washington in NH..thats 5000'!!..still a molehill compared to CO and UT though..

One lady I know from Utah is Kathy Mattea's fan club president--she came to NH to see a few concerts she did there this year--she asked "how high is the elevation here?" I said "Highest mountain is about a mile high"..she replied "PHHHFTT!--we wouldn't even bother putting a ski lift on something THAT puny!" .. :haha: she says utah has some 11,000 ft mountains! :eek1:

Our leaves are just starting to turn colors now--a bit late this year..we had 6" of rain saturday,and 60mph winds yesterday! :eek1: --some of the trees wre uprooted,since all the leaves were still on,and the ground was mushy.. :mad:

6. kick

kick 1/2 ton status

I used to live in Cambridge MA. and would go to the White Mountains and surrounding area. Beautiful country indeed now I'm in FL. dodging hurricanes. Happiness is seeing FL. in my rear view mirror.

7. 3rdshiftdesign

3rdshiftdesign 1/2 ton status

i always end up on the blue ridge parkway during my "vacations" and spend a while there. it's really nice.