Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Grant Steering Wheel Question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K1Orion, Aug 10, 2003.

1. K1Orion

K1Orion 1/2 ton status

I had a grant wheel in my truck. This winter when I swapped in the 465 for the busted 350 I also put in a column w/o the auto shift linkage stuff. Now I am trying to put the Grant wheel back on the truck.
    But I think I lost some of the parts. Is there a spring that goes behind the horn button? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    I can get the wheel on and everything looks right but I can't figure out how to hook up the horn button. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    Any body got any pics of a grant wheel w/o the horn button.

I need to figure this out because my driving style requires the use of a horn. I will wire a switch up on the dash if i have to but i can't let my swap meet A-OO-Ga horn sit idle.
    Any /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

Yes there is a spring behind the button. It's a PITA to install (I used tape to hold it to the nut on the column) but that's what keeps the horn from constantly being "on". So it pretty much goes like this... [horn]~spring~{nut} since I have no pics of the one I used to have. Oh and one more thing, the spring I had was tapered like this /\ So you might want to try and find a spring like that... Hope that helped even though there were no pics /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

Try to find directions online. Not sure if available but maybe grant has a site?