Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Grave Digger!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by civicstomper, Jan 4, 2004.

1. civicstomper

civicstomper 1/2 ton status

Im not sure if this makes me sound like a dumb kid, but i still think monster truck racing is cool, and I just saw Grave Digger and a few other trucks that came to rochester today doing freestyle, it was awesome! That thing has 66" tires and a 572ci Chevy engine.....im having a good day now /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
    -pete /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

showoff.... I wanna see the grave digger some time. I never got to goto monster truck rallies as a child, and as such never got to see these giant car crushing demons of the road. Additionaly, TNN err I mean Spike (said with a limpwristed ****** lisp) no longer shows Monster Jam, which has torn a great deal of meaning out of my life.

3. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    showoff.... I wanna see the grave digger some time. I never got to goto monster truck rallies as a child, and as such never got to see these giant car crushing demons of the road. Additionaly, TNN err I mean Spike (said with a limpwristed ****** lisp) no longer shows Monster Jam, which has torn a great deal of meaning out of my life.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, that pisses me off that Monster Jam is no longer on. I miss TNN, that station used to rock back in the day.

The last Monster trucks i saw was at the international Demo-Derby championship. They were almost as entertaining as watching the Canadians and Aussies loose /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. civicstomper

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, TNN and Monster Jam was cool, i was thinking about that today. He got 30 points on the freestyle, so that was cool. I actually took a few pictures of it, when i get a working scanner ill try and put them up
    -pete /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Monster trucks are KEWL !!!! I love them, always have and always will.

6. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Put me down as a monster truck lover! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I've been one since I was 15 years old. I've even collected a bunch of toys since then, too. Lately I've been collecting the Hot Wheels Monster Jam series 1:64 scale trucks and also the Muscle Machines 1:64 scale, too. With both sets combined, I've got over 100 of the little trucks still in their package! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I will get all these packages out on the floor and take a picture of all of them together along with the other trucks I've got, too. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Trust me, your jaws are gonna drop when you see how many I've got! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

I've got over 100 of the little trucks still in their package! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]In thier Package? what the hell's the point?

8. civicstomper

Thats awesome!. I used to have a small collection, but i was only a kid so i took them out of the package, played with them, probably broke them, and now they're probably worthless. Ive got a few models i built, but nothing much
    That sounds cool though, probably worth a lot of money, and its a cool kind of a thing to keep /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

9. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

on vacation one yr we went to see the grave digger operation and they have rides there in one of their old trucks. kinda neat. it was only like $5 a ride too.

NITRO

10. thatK30guy

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

I've got over 100 of the little trucks still in their package! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]In thier Package? what the hell's the point?

[/ QUOTE ]

Resale value. If they are still in the "bubble", they are worth more. I've got 3 different trucks that are worth over $40 apiece on eBay. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

If I could put all 100+ on eBay right now, I could probably fetch around $500 for all of them in 1 auction. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

11. jackedjimmy350

jackedjimmy350 1/2 ton status

sweet i collect the monster jams too.

whats your ebay name, or do you have a link to your auctions? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. thatK30guy

[ QUOTE ]
    sweet i collect the monster jams too.

whats your ebay name, or do you have a link to your auctions? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

My eBay username is the same as here on this site. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. jackedjimmy350

well i just recently started collecting them.

are there any "special" ones that i should keep an eye out for? most of the ones i have are monster jam metal series.

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Go to Anehiem this weekend, Saturday the 10th or the 24th, Grave Digger will be there and many others. Edison International Field. Tickets are $10-$30. And the pit party (couple hours before the show and free with ticket purchase) you can check them out upclose and personal.

We usually go every year. Does that make us white trash /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

This Saturday (10th) is the USHRA Grand Slam of Motorsports (they have Pro Stadium trucks, pro quads and then the Monster trucks.
    The 24th is Monster Jam and they have Freestyle motocross, pro quads and Monster trucks/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Grave Digger will be at both/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif He puts on a badass show! BALLS OUT!

15. thatK30guy

[ QUOTE ]
    well i just recently started collecting them.

are there any "special" ones that i should keep an eye out for? most of the ones i have are monster jam metal series.

[/ QUOTE ]

The "special ones" to watch and get are the discontinued ones. I think there are 4 or 5 so far and you can still get them on eBay. Just expect to pay in excess of around $40-ish apiece for them. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

16. jackedjimmy350

which ones are the dicontinued ones? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

17. thatK30guy

Click here and bookmark this site.

Beware that the trucks shown on this site is only a fraction of the overall total of 68 so far. I frequent this site and click on the "buy now" button to go to another site and view more trucks that are for sale. When viewing the other site, it will show more trucks, when new ones come out, for sale.

I've bought a few from the Clear Channel site before. Even though they are $5 apiece, when you buy in bulk, the shipping is way cheaper than finding them on eBay. I got like 10 trucks at one time and the shipping fee was only $5. On eBay, the auctioned trucks usually ship for around $5 to $6 for one truck. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I've got 67 of the 68 trucks and the one I'm missing is only available in a package with a helmet and drinking cup thru Bell Helmet company. I'm still watching eBay for just the truck. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

yeah gravedigger is cool..

[​IMG]

19. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    on vacation one yr we went to see the grave digger operation and they have rides there in one of their old trucks. kinda neat. it was only like $5 a ride too.

NITRO

[/ QUOTE ]

The monster truck races are this week in Indy /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Well if you have to be a "Dumb Kid" To like monster trucks.I guess I never grew up and am not very smart.
    I have enjoyed monster trucks for many years. been to a few races and seen Grave Digger and many others. I first saw Grave Digger in Reno Nv over 12 years ago when he was just starting out.
    I rember seeing Big Foot when it was just a F250 on 5 ton axles and a bunch of shocks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Monster trucks have come a long way since then.