Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gray Baskerville died!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigk, Feb 12, 2002.

1. bigk

bigk 1/2 ton status

I know I can't be the only one here who's enjoyed Gray's writing in Hot Rod since I was a kid. I just read about it on the Chevy High Performance site. He died of cancer at age 66. The article said his daily driver for the last 30 years was a 32 Ford. How cool is that?

Karl
    Temporarily Unemployed Underwear Model
    87 3/4 ton

2. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

That is terrible. I have enjoyed his stuff since 1977 when I picked up my first copy of Hot Rod. I was 10. Look where reading car magazines has gotten me. [​IMG] God Speed Gray! [​IMG]

3. Jonathan

Jonathan 1/2 ton status

That sucks. I've been reading Hot Rod since I was in sixth grade. It's one of the few things I can enjoy reading.

77 Blazer, 350, NP203, K&N, 31-inch Cooper Discoverers
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/jonathandwill>http://community.webshots.com/user/jonathandwill</a>

4. 71RestoRod

71RestoRod 1/2 ton status

yea... prostate cancer. He even published as recent as the March issue w/ his article on 1/2 mile drags that were staged in Reno and Riverside in the '50s. Makes sense his daily driver was the quintessential rod. Gotta get that check-up if you're in the 40+ club...

5. WhiteWhomper

WhiteWhomper 1/2 ton status

Dear "Ol Dad" will be missed. In the world of car magazines, where they seem to have a different editor and staff every other month, it was nice to know that Baskerville was always still there. Hot Rod won't seem the same without him.