Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Greasable bushings

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by Derf00, Jun 20, 2004.

1. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Sometime back I believe there were some issues with greasable bushing failing. I have had mine for at least two years without problems, but recently I noticed a "pop" in the front end when turning in either direction. Today I traced the problem to the front drivers side bushing that the shoulder has disingerated allowing the spring to move back and forth in the hanger. Should I now replace all of these bushings?

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

It wouldn't be a bad idea. That bushing you trashed is the one that takes most of the beating from the steering system. Since that bushing is shot I personally would order enough to replace the spring bushings in the front springs and keep any that you remove that are in ok shape as spares incase this happens again. You will also have an idea if the other bushing are ok or what other ones need to be replaced at the same time. That is what I did with my truck.

Harley

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Yup, the drivers side takes an extra special beating due to the steering forces so they usually go first.
    We do have a harder compound shackle bushing set that's relatively new (newer than 2 years I think) so you could upgrade to that set. We also have main eye bushings for replacements also so we can fix you up either way. 2 years is not an unheard of service interval for these parts, especially the driver's side so keeping the old ones that are still decent isn't a bad idea. It's not like the truck is going to fall apart if a bushing fails but it could make for a quieter ride in the time that it takes to get new parts.

4. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Thanks, ordered them yesterday.