Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

greasable bushings?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by toellej, Feb 21, 2007.

1. toellej

toellej Newbie

I have an 86 K10, (sorry I know this is a blazer forum, so dont hate me yet) and I am considering replacing my spring and shackle bushings with greasable poly bushings from ORD. My issue is this, I live at the end of five miles of dirt road in a dusty climate. I would like to know if the dust will just "gum up" the greasable bushings, or if I should not worry about this at all. The truck is outfitted with a shackle flip rear, and swaybar disconnects, so the extra flex gained is not really an issue, I already have more than I will ever need for my kind of wheeling. I figured that the greasable bushings would provide a better ride and be longer lasting than standard poly bushings. Also, this truck is a daily driver. Any thoughts or input would be greatly appreciated.

2. rcamacho

rcamacho 1/2 ton status

Grease them periodically and it should flush out most of the contaminants.

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yep. I have their greasable shackles and love them. Just hit them when you change te oil.

4. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

I finally put in the rest of my ORD greasys, over the holiday break, with new RS5000 shocks. I didn't suspect the new "springy" ride is due in part to the lack of spring at the bushings, until I read your post. I had already considered getting firm (adjustable) shocks just to tighten-up the highway ride, but maybe thats what needs to be changed when tossing the factory fixed bushings.
    Interesting topic that I had not seen here before.:confused: