Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Greasable Shackles

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 84k5, Aug 13, 2000.

1. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

I'm going to order a bolt in steering brace from ORD tomorrow or tuesday, so I am going to go ahead and get some HD shackles. I can't decide if I should get greasable or non greasable. Will the greasable shackles work with my Skyjacker springs? Are they worth another $25? Anybody know how much the greasable front spring hanger bushings cost?Thanks for the input.

Brian
    84k5, 4"Skyjacker lift,33x12.5 Goodyear MTR, 15x10 Bajas

2. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

The greaseable ones are deffinetly worth the extra cash. I just put them on my blazer with the swaybar disconnects. I have a few steering braces in stock now so I am going to but it on also.

3. Truckfan2

Truckfan2 1/2 ton status

the greasables are definetly cool. I put greasables all the way around with the 6" lift I did. My truck flexes so much that I haven't needed to use the sway bar disconnects I put on. The only prob with the g-able shackles is that If you run headers, there's a slight clearance prob... it's worth it though. I enjoy the ride now with 6" of lift with 35x14 Ground hawgs underneath it; it's almost as cushy as stock... shocks on 1. Oh yeah, I've got the RS9000 series shocks (4- RS9012)

Have been stuck (once) as of 8/12/00
    "(2H) Where's all the mud?.(4H)...(4L)..(4H)... oh crap"

4. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I've got greaseable ones in the front and back of my Blazer. Just go ahead and order them. The back of my truck flexes really nice between those and the shackle flip. I also hate squeaks from poly bushings, so that was another reason.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad