Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Greaseing it up?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 87sm465np208, Apr 25, 2004.

1. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

i run a few greaseable U-joints, all but 1, and i try to grease my front end steering parts as often as i can, but what kind of Grease\lube is everyone squirting into they're stuff?, and im talking trucks here not sex. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Synthetic. I don't usually even care what brand it is, as long as it is synthetic.

You mentioned the red grease from Wal-Mart. That's what is in my gun right now, actually. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 87sm465np208

awsome, yea im a redgrease man now myself, i acctually "Aquired" some Super Heavy duty red grease that we use on the machinery at work, so i will be useing that and red grease from walmart, good thing i have 2 grease guns /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Last couple tubes have been Mobil 1 grease which is red I think, and then after that I had some red Farm & Fleet stuff, now I've got the Wal-Mart kind.

As long as it's not $.50 a tube, its great IMO. Amazing how much money a little bit of grease can save ya though. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. grd2go

grd2go Registered Member

In the summer time I use chevrons red grease and the winter I use chevron arctic grease witch is blue it seems to be the best to use for our fleet of 10 tow trucks and semi trucks plus the fk lifts and loaders it comes in tubes or in 5 gal buckets which is what I use the most I love my air greaser nothing beats it.... /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif

6. 87sm465np208

yeap, im debateing if i want some sort of Automatic grease gun rather then the pump ones i have. they say if you take the grease between your finger tips and squeeze them together and then seperate them and if it strings between your finger tips its good grease, but if it doesent its bad grease, thats what my forman told me at work. /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif

7. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Synthetic. I don't usually even care what brand it is, as long as it is synthetic.

You mentioned the red grease from Wal-Mart. That's what is in my gun right now, actually. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

and you used some sort of blue grease before that tube. remember the "pruple grease"? is mobil 1 blue?

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Actually now that I think of it, the tube of blue stuff was probably the Valvoline synthetic grease.

9. 87sm465np208

im still gunna be a red grease man, just seems right.

10. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Jeremy made fun of me after I took out the blue tube and put in the red one. he said I was gonna end up with purple grease.