Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Greasing between leaves of springs?

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by Sub_Versive, Jul 13, 2004.

1. Sub_Versive

Sub_Versive Registered Member

I've read where people have greased between the leaves of their springs to improve their ramp scores. Would this help soften up my front suspension a bit, and if so, what type of grease would one use to keep from screwing up the little pads on the springs? I have the tuff-country ez-ride springs.

Thanks,
    Jake Kooser

2. rcamacho

rcamacho 1/2 ton status

Anything that reduces the friction between the leaves will supposedly increase flex and ride quality.

Typically zinc/brass interleaves or the nylon inserts are used for reducing friction. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

You're not going to get much for major gains since the TCI springs have the teflon pads already but you can try lubing them up and see. Any chassis grease should work fine. When new you probably won't see much difference, when the springs are a little older and crudded up, you'll notice it more. I can tell my springs move easier when I get off a rough trail since they've been polishing the rust off of each other for a while. It eases the sticking friction.