Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Great Article Grim!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mudzer, Apr 24, 2002.

1. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I really enjoyed the article you wrote about packing for the trail. Very cool to check out what others take.

Didnt know you had a cage in your truck.

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Thanks. I pack a little heavy but I pack for what I have seen fail. Most of the folks in my club are about as bad as I am. With the exception of Jeeps blowing D35's My club has pretty well never left a truck on the trail. We have gotten them out with broken springs, Repaired one that blew a u-joint that then cut the ball joints out and lost a wheel (Funny thing is the front axle that did that now resides under my truck LOL), Blown drive shafts a plenty. Played rotate the charged battery a few times. Bottom line is, short of rolling a truck bad or blowing a major drivline peice like an engine, if your prepared you should be able to get it out. \
    Yeah I have had that cage now for about a year. The pictures from last years CK5 Tellico run all but the front legs were installed. A buddy of mine helped me make that. The main hoop is the factory bar and the reas we bent on a $70 Harbor freight bender.

3. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Yep, great article! Like the pics too!

4. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Grim you gave me some great idea's (might be a bad thing,kinda short on $$$) Very detailed,and lot's of info given /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

5. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Great job, and you do have a bunch of good ideas there. I like the "green sheet" too, a club that I ALMOST joined required those sheets as well.

You da man Grimmy!

-Dan

6. FWP

FWP CRS

Sounds like you have been taking lessons from Rob, or vise versa/forums/images/icons/cool.gif Way cool../forums/images/icons/cool.gif

7. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Well Rob and I were both members of the same club till he moved to AZ. We both picked up that from the club. www.gbr4wd.com That club is one of the biggest and best organized in the Southeast. It was founded by the past president of United and the Past president (now VP of Southern 4wd). Our club runs one or two United sponsored "Back country Awarness" programs a year. We also work with GEMA ( Gerogia Emergency Managment Assoc....like FEMA but on a state level). Mostly our help would involve winter emergency's where weather has shut down the northern part of the state and people are stranded with no power. We go in and get them. That is a recent thing we have just become involved in. Rob had left before we made a comitment.
    Anybody that has been to Dixie run in the last 6 years can attest to how tight our club is. We win best club turn out every year /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Lets put it this way.....Last year when they were calling for club cheers.....The final was our club against ALL the rest There is about 12 clubs total and we won hahaha.
    I know that Rob is going to bring some of that out to you guy's in AZ and show you how we do it in the south /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

8. FWP

FWP CRS

Yes sir, he's told me quite a few stories from your club expeditions/forums/images/icons/cool.gif. Good stuff.

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

I know that Rob is going to bring some of that out to you guy's in AZ and show you how we do it in the south

<hr></blockquote> He already has, and I personally am thankful for the cool insight he has. You don't see that very often. I can count on two hands the people I know that have that kind of attitude. It's a rare thing....

9. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Yeah, Grim's Club is HUGE! There basically was no contest there /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    So Grim, where do you get them spring pins from?? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    Boss
    ps, great article btw /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

10. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Great article, well thought out and written. Learned a lot.

You DO need overloads now, dontcha????????? /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif