Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Great ebay find! 1 ton SRW...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Shaggy, Jul 25, 2002.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> 1 ton 4x4 SRW in NJ, buy it now for $1500, currently at $775 no reserve! Comes with a plow that could probably be sold to recoup a bunch of the cost. Dude doesn't know what he has since he didn't even put that it's a 1 ton, I ran the vin to check it after seeing how far the front hubs stuck out. If I lived closer I'd buy it for myself. Even at $1500 it's a great deal...

</font color>

2. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

the whole truck?
    if so buy it now!

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

What did you type in the search box on eBay as far as finding 1 tons up for bidding?

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Yup, that's for the whole, running truck. I would buy it, but it's in New Jersey and I'm in California. Shipping would make it not so good of a deal for me, but I thought maybe someone in the east could take advantage of it. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Wes, you think that I'm going to share my secrets with you? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif I just browse, no idea how I find stuff usually but once a week or so I get bored and go to the Chevy truck section on ebay motors and just type 4x4 in the search box to narrow it down. Today I was trying variations and searched for "4wd" and this popped up. Must not be a popular search since this is such a great deal and had NO bids on it...

Updated the original post with a link too, little brain fart there, must have been subconciously saving it for myself /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif
    </font color>

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Smart man, Evan!! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Seriously, I've tried to find K30's on eBay with absolutely NO LUCK. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif
    I don't know if there just aren't any up for bids or if I'm not searching right. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Guess I just need to spend some more time on eBay instead. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

6. bobsurf

bobsurf 1/2 ton status

Just curious, did someone run the VIN to find out that it's 1 ton? If not, what's the giveaway? I didn't realize you could hide the FF hubs underneath those hubcaps ( /forums/images/icons/confused.gif I guess that might be why they call them "hub-caps"???)

7. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Yes, I ran the vin to verify my suspicion that it's a one ton. the fourth digit is the giveaway - 1=1/2 ton, 2=3/4 ton, 3=1 ton. </font color>

8. LoggieStyle

LoggieStyle Registered Member

Damn! It seems like all the good finds are on the east coast or at least no where near california.