Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Great first week of work with USFWS

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ChevBlazin, Jun 5, 2002.

1. ChevBlazin

ChevBlazin 1/2 ton status

I am working for the US Fish and Wildlife Service for the summer as an intern in MN. My title is a biological technician. Basically I am out on the refuge every day doing all sorts of different environmental projects. Anyway, yesterday we picked up the new ford superduty powerstroke desil 4x4 work truck. I managed to get it stuck when I slid off one of the trails during a rain storm and it came to rest on a huge boulder. after a few hours of jacking and stacking rocks we were free and NO damage occoured. Goood thing considering it only had 100 miles on it! Today I tested fate again and lost. I got one of the S-10's stuck on a real muddy rutted trail. The frame was hung up on the hard dirt and all 4 tires were hanging in the sloppy mud. We were lucky to have a high lift jack with and found some large boards that had floated in during flood season. After a few hours of digging and jacking the truck around and lots of manuvering we got it out also. I probably would not have gotten into these situations had it not been for my co pilot saying I should go through. Over all my first week of work was real fun though and a learning experience for sure! We're just glad we never had to call headquarters to get pulled out! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Its ALWAYS fun to take the company vehicle through its paces.

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Ahh, it's good to see my tax dollars at work... /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

4. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I planted an F600 Frod bucket truck up to the frame once.great fun.

5. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Tell them to invest in a K-5 then go have fun without getting stuck /forums/images/icons/smile.gif