Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Great News!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Polaris, Jul 18, 2003.

1. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

My hubby is buying this tomorrow:
    [​IMG]
    He will swap his Dana 60/14 bolt and maybe his 454/TH400/NP205 into it. It's a 1990 Jimmy, loaded, and everything works except the back window (the track is bad, no big deal). So we'll both have '90 models. I'm glad he will have a rig that seats 5! Pardon the crummy photo, but it was getting dark when I took it. I'm so excited for him! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. JustHorsinArownd

JustHorsinArownd Registered Member

Outstanding!!! One of these days maybe we can afford a truck with good paint on it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Good find!!!

Allan

3. o2bjimmy

o2bjimmy 1/2 ton status

Looks like its in good shape OR is the bad lighting a coverup for rust? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Nice Jimmy for real

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

What's he doing with his blue truck? I LOVE the way it looks, if the price was right, I'd love to buy the body!

5. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

congrats /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

He'll be selling it, probably in a few months. I'm not sure what he plans on swapping with it yet. If I were him I'd leave the big block with the pickup and just build the fuel injected small block a little bit. I love my fuel injection! Plus then he still has the a/c which is kinda nice, and the better mileage.... I think big blocks are cool but wouldn't want one, personally. I know he's swapping the axles out. The Blazer RPO codes say they are 3:73's with a limited slip rear. Not too bad anyway! The body looks great on the pickup from a distance but there are runs in the paint, and the moron who "restored" it used plenty of bondo. We'll post it on here when it's for sale, I'm sure.

7. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Looks like its in good shape OR is the bad lighting a coverup for rust? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Nice Jimmy for real

[/ QUOTE ]

You hit the nail on the head there. The floorpan is rusted out basically from the backseat forward. Rockers are shot, tailgate support is rusted out, and there are a couple of other problem areas. It's too be expected around here though! We'll deal with it.

8. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You hit the nail on the head there. The floorpan is rusted out basically from the backseat forward. Rockers are shot, tailgate support is rusted out, and there are a couple of other problem areas. It's too be expected around here though! We'll deal with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

RUST, What's that? Never see that here in AZ. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

thats one clean lookin jimmy! nice deal! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif