Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

great ratchets. pics

Discussion in 'The Tool Shed' started by rdn2blazer, Apr 19, 2006.

1. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

these Performance Tools ratchets are great ratchets IMHO. I have used every kind under the sun and I have found that I like these the best considering import. at about 12 to 15 bucks a pop thats not bad. I have the swival head too, just not a pic of it. I have probably 8 different 3/8's ratchets, craftsman, snap on, s-k but this is what I grab first usually. I like the two sided head too.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2007
  2. AzzKicker

AzzKicker 1/2 ton status

Not sure I like the Rubber, i can see me using a lot of force and have them slip off causing me to get hurt.

3. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

They look nice, I hate my crapsmens. I have a cheapo that has worn out 2 3/8 crapsmen rachets

4. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status

hmm this is a brand they sell at autozone isn't it?

5. rdn2blazer

I think so, I bought mine at a local hardwear store our shop uses all the time for stuff we need quick. I bought the one with the crooked handle for a bud of mine to try out. he is a mechanic at the doc in Long Beach and is a RABID Snap On guy. has an $11,000 box :eek1: . all he buys is Snap On. he has had it for about a year now and it has became hit goto ratchet. he uses it allmost every day and has not broke it yet.

6. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

I have one of those, Its not slick unless you have really greasy hands, then anything becomes a knuckle buster.

7. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

ive got a few of those, including the two sided 3/8-1/2 ratchet. pretty good tools for the price. rubber is pretty good, better grip in any situation than an all metal ratchet. the rubber is also attached really well, not worried about it slipping off the shaft.

8. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status

good to know, ive got a big craftsmen socket set ive been happy with except the ratchets. i may go pick some up.

9. Janitorjim8

Janitorjim8 1/2 ton status

Yea, I bought a set of those for my truck for small stuff and dedicated for taking the top off, worked great so far.

10. zeroz400

zeroz400 1/2 ton status

Those look like Tool Shop tools from menards but red instead of yellow. Friend had a 1/2" one and it drove me nuts cuz it was righty tighty and i was used to most other tools where its the opposite. Are these the same way?

11. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

They look comfy, but they don't look very cheater pipe friendly. I've like my HF ones better than the Craftsman ones I've used though.

12. rdn2blazer

yes they are. thats the only odd thing about them is that the drive triger is opisite from all others, no biggie though.

13. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

haven't use the crooked neck 3/8's drive but i've broken a handful of the double sided ones under normal use....The entire head and ratcheting assembly explodes and comes apart, and you're left with a interesting bubble blower

14. ProJunkRacing

ProJunkRacing 1/2 ton status

i got some badazzz Mac Ratchets I love they are the new "gearless " Zero Ratchets they have no gears to wear out , they don't click and grab whenever you put pressure on it. they work awesome whenever they grab which is like always. the bad thing i got a 1/4 in ratchet , and 3/8's ratchet were like a 140 dollars together.